Have you read a book in one sitting?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I cant remember wether I've read books in one sitting... But I have read a lot of them very quickly, in a day or so, stopping only for food *laughs*

I do that when a book is really gripping (and I have the time...) but I usually regret it afterwards. It feels like I've rushed to story too much instead of enjoying it.

I read plenty of books in one sitting, especially when I was in high school and used to spend half the night reading. Unfortunately I cannot remember the titles :lol:

I can remember the latest such stint, a few months ago, with Twilight. Having no idea what to expect I have begun reading the book at about 10 pm as I was getting ready for sleep. To my surprise I couldn't put it down so I finished it at about 3 or 4 in the morning (don't ask me how I felt later at work :P)

I've spent nights (since working) up until about 3 a.m. reading for only one other book, that I found fabulous and that I truly recommend (Phantom by Susan Kay) -- I have tried really hard to finish it in one sitting but it was too long so it took me about two or three nights :roll:

Those were times... :P

Astonishing the Gods - Ben Okri. Stunning book, I was transported through the read!

A number of the Harry Potter books - JKR (earlier rather than later ones).

Chariot Of The Gods - Erich Von Daniken

As time has passed I have not been able to dedicate myself to the all-in-one read in the same way. I still have the inclination though. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I read The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas in one sitting.

Years ago I read "The French Connection" in one sitting - started it around mid morning and finished at 4 am the following morning. What was I thinking!! (This, I hasten to add, was in my yooof when I was able to handle it - I need my sleep now though;)).

I think I read Double Cross by Malorie Blackman (Fourth in the Noughts and Crosses series) in one sitting. I started it at about 8pm ish and literally stayed up all night reading it.

I read the Harry Potters and the Twilight books almost in one sitting too. I think I tend to read them quicker if the book is highly anticipated or part of a series :D

I've read a couple of the Harry Potter books in one day before, but not necessarily in one sitting. I have to take food breaks and I usually end up popping online every now and again just for a wee breather too.

It's been a while since I read a book in one sitting without any kind of break.