Have you read a book in one sitting?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have, but only once. It was during the summer of 2004 and I woke one morning and sat down in my favourite 'reading' chair with a cup of tea and 'The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime' at 8am. I finished it before I went to bed. Obviously, I had food, drink and :smile2: breaks, and I was single at the time, so this self indulgence could have no negative impact upon anyone else. Great book.

I have, but only once. It was during the summer of 2004 and I woke one morning and sat down in my favourite 'reading' chair with a cup of tea and 'The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime' at 8am. I finished it before I went to bed. Obviously, I had food, drink and :smile2: breaks, and I was single at the time, so this self indulgence could have no negative impact upon anyone else. Great book.

I'm going to have to read that book. I think I'm the only person on the face of the earth who hasn't. :tong:

It's possible, Liz. I believe that even a core group of dolphins have read it, so you'll need to gem up on it, pronto. I think there's only you and I communicating at the moment. Have you cheered up yet, or are you still feeling icky?:smile2:

It's possible, Liz. I believe that even a core group of dolphins have read it, so you'll need to gem up on it, pronto. I think there's only you and I communicating at the moment. Have you cheered up yet, or are you still feeling icky?:tong:

I still feel icky, but cheerfully so.:smile2:

I'm going to have to read that book. I think I'm the only person on the face of the earth who hasn't. :smile2:

No, you're not. I haven't read it either, although it's very high on my wish list!

I heard of it a couple of years ago but have not read it either yet! And to answer ze question, i've read a few books in one sitting, usually involving them being finished as the sun rises haha.

I'm sure I've read books in one sitting in my youth, but I don't recall reading anything without at least one break in my "adult" years. Not until now anyway; I just read Greg Kincaid's A Dog Named Christmas in one sitting. A very quick read.

Almost. I went to ythe library and got If Nobody Speaks Of Remarkable Things by Jon McGregor to take on holiday. I started it when I got home and didn't think much of it at first but after about 30 pages I was hooked. I carried on reading while I cooked the tea but then stopped because of other things I had to do. Once the children were in bed I sat on the sofa and didn't get up again until I'd finished it.

I read it for the second time last year and enjoyed it then as well.

How humourous you two are.:) In my family it is considered the grande embarresment to even admit you visit the toilet with a book. That is why I sometimes look a tiny bit pregnant in a squareish or rectangular fashion. :)

Even then, I would be afraid yes of getting the hemmoroids!

Not so much now, but few that i remember are.........

The Bone Collector - Jeffrey Deaver. Read all his other books since.

Watchers - Dean Koontz

Five People you meet in Heaven - Mitch Albom. OK book, quick read

Master of the Game - Sidney Sheldon. Not normally the type of book I read but i picked it up on holiday and sat around the pool most of the day until I finished it.

I've read a lot more, not in one sitting but over a day and sometimes night.