Have you read a book in one sitting?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tiresias

I read Tuesdays With Morrie in one sitting. Not because I was enjoying it. I don't start books without finishing them and wanted to put an end to my suffering as quickly as possible.

What maudlin rubbish.

Only once, which was Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban on the way to our holiday once, I didn't put it down. :friends0: Oh, and I did 'And That's When It Fell Off In My Hand' by Louise Rennison in 2 sittings.

I used to review children's books for CBUK (a now defunct website) and got sent all The Edge Chronicles books by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell. I loved them so much I read 5 in one day (I was on holiday from work at the time).

I have been known to read a book from cover to cover in a single sitting, but usually when I'm on holiday and it's raining, or if I'm travelling long-distance by train or in an aeroplane (long waits at the airport + flight = plenty of reading time!). I don't think I could name them off the top of my head though. I think Anne of Green Gables was one - that was last summer when we went to visit friends near Swindon (we flew). I think I read Snow Flower and the Secret Fan on the way back. Both were excellent! Ooh, and I read The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde while I was down there, as it's set in Swindon!

I was looking forward to having plenty of reading time when I started my maternity leave at the end of this month (I'll have 4 weeks before Tadpole is due), but my concentration levels are so poor since I got pregnant that I'm lucky if I get through a few pages in a day at the moment!

Almost - I started Not Without my Daughter by Betty Mahmoody late one afternoon and read all evening, had a couple of hours sleep and finished it the next day at around 7am.

I don't do that very often though as sleep deprivation is not really me!

Yep, Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix onwards were all read on the day of publication. Order of the pheonix took me about 15 hours... Mr Nellie kept me fed and watered, and bought chocolate in case of dementors. :friends0:

When I was younger I used to read alot of books in one sitting during the summer holidays.

I don't think I've ever read a novel in one sitting. Even though I'm a fast reader, I just don't get the time to sit and read for hours until I've finished it. I also like sleeping too much!

I read The Times Newspaper in one sitting cover to cover daily. normally take me two hours.

I always enjoy reading the times. I read most of it, just skip over the Business pages. I like reading the obituaries and the weather pages. I usually miss out the sport pages. But I love Times 2, read that from end to end every day and then do the puzzles, - sudoku, codeword and the crossword. Brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...