Interview with author J. Scott Savage

eschulenburg

I was able to participate in J. Scott Savage's blog tour for his upcoming book, Farworld: Water Keep. As part of the tour, he did a Q & A with me that I thought might be interesting for some of you to read. (Also, not sure if this is where I should post this, so feel free to move it to the appropriate area. :friends0:)

He asked us to come up with a fun location for our virtual intervew - I, alas, am not very creative. However, when I found out that he is a fellow border collie owner, I thought we could take our dogs to a virtual dog park and see if they would make friends. Here's what happened:

E-I thought it would be fun to take our dogs to a dog park - I have a spastic border collie as well, so maybe our dogs can make friends. (or herd each other around in the grass.)

S -Definitely lots of herding going on. Small children and stray sheep beware!

E -Thanks for coming to Des Moines to hang out with Kadie and I. Luckily the dog park is empty today, so my badly behaved dog will hopefully not freak out too much. She's not really that good with crowds. Here, I will toss a ball into the trees for her to sniff out, and we can get started.

S -Excellent! Nothing like a good game of slobberball.

E -On your blog you made a comment about your belief that an author needs to know the end of the story before they begin to write. (And p.s., I wish a lot of TV shows would adopt this rule - do you hear me Lost??) Anyway....did you have the end to the whole series in mind when you began Farworld:Water Keep, or just the first book? Did you initially envision the story as a series? A trilogy? A stand-alone? If you originally though your story would contain fewer books, at what point did you realize it would have to expand?

S -That

In addition to being a cool guy, Scott Savage is giving me an extra copy of his book to give away to a lucky person - yea for free books! If you are interested, just visit my blog and leave a comment on this post:

As Usual, I Need More Bookshelves - Find Your Magic

He said it was fine to open the contest to those living outside the US, so anyone is welcome. If you don't have an account, you can just leave an anonymous post with your name, and that you are a member of BCF, and I'll get you signed up. It really is a good one - go sign up already! :friends0:

Edited by eschulenburg
edited to add link - duh!