Escaping Dreams by Bronwen Winter Phoenix

Weave

Title of book: Escaping Dreams

Name of author: Bronwen Winter Phoenix

ISBN-10: 184386438X

ISBN-13: 978-1843864387

Paperback: 258 pages

Synopsis:

Xanther Aerts spends his agoraphobic days in a self-confined space. He is only able to leave his apartment under the cover of darkness, ordering everything he ever needs from the internet. When he meets Beth Elretha by chance and saves her life, they are thrown together in a journey of epic and fantastical proportions. Beth’s dreams haunt her every-day life and it soon becomes apparent she is not all that she seems – she is in fact from another world to which she holds the key. Escaping Dreams is based in a world called Orenia. The action centres on Middletown, a dying town overrun by gangs. As the town gradually decays the extremity of the situation brings to life the underground - a flourishing city where Beth first found her new home. Mallia festival is looming, awash with music, colours and new faces but already there are signs that things are not all as they seem. As her secret starts to escape her, Beth must defend all that she holds dear against the once-powerful race of the Chaka. Together, she and Xanther must travel far beyond the reaches of imagination before they can wake from the nightmare.

escaping_dreams-1.jpg

I enjoyed ‘Escaping Dreams’, an excellent first novel by the author. The two main characters Xanther and Beth are brilliantly written, both of them had been hurt at certain times in their lives and the way they find each other and help each other, I thought was very beautiful. The Cullen brothers are also great to read, the author has a wonderful ability I found to show the best of people during the bleakest of times.

‘Escaping Dreams’ is a great read, at times very fast paced, you can not wait to find out what happens next.

If you get the chance, read this book! A brilliantly written, well thought out book with memorable characters who you will want to find out more about as the story continues.

I recommend this book highly.

Rating: 10/10