Anita Shreve

Inanna

Has anyone here read any of Anita Shreve's books?

I was browsing through Read It, Swap It and found a couple of books by this author and they looked quite good. So I accepted a swap with one of her books and I was just interested in any opinions of her work!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have read The Pilot's Wife some years back & liked it. I've also read Fortune's Rocks & Eden Close but cannot recall what they are about (I am getting old and forgetful).

Has anyone read All He Ever Wanted? Is it an enjoyable read? I thought of reading that once I'm done reading my current books.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've only read The Weight of Water by Anita Shreve. I first saw the movie on television a few years ago (I had to watch it because Sarah Polley was in it), and I liked the movie and was really captured by the story which is based on the true events of the Smuttynose Island murders of 1873. I decided to read the book as well and it was a great read too. In fact it was so good that I had to buy the book :smile2:

• 7 months later...

:) I can't believe no-one has mentioned Testimony? It's the best book I've read this year. Granted I've only read 10 (:yes:) but it was such a powerful and thought provoking book.

Oops, sorry Lexie, didn't see your question. I've only read two of Shreve's books so I'm not sure. Testimony was similar to Picoult in the sense of showing different perspectives though.

:) I can't believe no-one has mentioned Testimony? It's the best book I've read this year. Granted I've only read 10 (:yes:) but it was such a powerful and thought provoking book.

Oops, sorry Lexie, didn't see your question. I've only read two of Shreve's books so I'm not sure. Testimony was similar to Picoult in the sense of showing different perspectives though.

I really enjoyed Testimony as well. Excellent character development throughout the whole book.