Gyre's blog from July 2008

Weave

I enjoyed your review Gyre, I read Old Man and the Sea quite a number of years ago and it has always remained a sentimental favourite of mine.

Thanks Shelbel:friends0:

I finished 'The Outer Dark' by Cormac McCarthy, which was really good, a very different book, the two main characters were brilliant :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished 'The Picture of Dorian Gray' by Oscar Wilde. I enjoyed it but it took me awhile to get into the story but once I did, I found it very engrossing and very witty.:D

I finished 'The Haunting of Toby Jugg' by Dennis Wheatley, which I really enjoyed, I was pleasantly surprised by this book, its a keeper for my collection!:D

I finished 'The Night of the Hunter' by Davis Grubb. I have always loved the movie and the book is even better, Harry Powell is still as terrifying in print.

I enjoyed this too Paula - if you haven't read her other two I can recommend them as well :blush:

Did you see the TV dramatisation?

I did, it was good but the book was better, I have added her other two books to my wishlist Paula :)

I just finished readng 'Red Sky In The Morning' by Elizabeth Laird which I got from read it, swap it. It was a lovely story and I enjoyed reading it but I cried through most of it, it was so emotional:smile2:

I finished 'Lolita' by Vladimir Nabokov, this was my second attempt reading it. It was a great read, a book that gave me a lot to think about.

:D

I finished 'If I should die before I wake' by Han Nolan, which was another young adult book. I really enjoyed this one, it had a great story and the characters were brilliantly written, just a pleasure to read. :D

I finished 'Varjak Paw' by S F Said, it was another YA book,I read it in a day and it was a great read. There is also a sequel which I might invest in :D

I finished 'First among sequels' by Jasper Fforde (the fourth book in the Thursday Next series)and it was great, really good, Thursday is back on form! I can't wait for the sequel! :welcome2:

I am now concentrating fully on 'Northanger Abbey', hopefully finish it today :D

I finished 'Dead until Dark' (A Stookie Stackhouse Vampire Mystery) by Charlaine Harris, it was the first in the series and really good, I enjoyed it :welcome2:

I feel weird keeping this up to date.

I finished 'Fahrenheit 451' by Ray Bradbury and I really enjoyed it, a classic book, if you get the chance, read it :welcome:

I feel weird keeping this up to date.

There is no right or wrong way to deal with grief. I'm sure I'd probably keep mine going in similar circumstances just because it's some sort of normality, no matter how small.

The important thing is that you're doing it because you want to, and because it helps.

:welcome::006:

xxx

I finished 'Living Dead in Dallas', the 2nd Stookie Stackhouse Vampire Mystery in the series by Charlaine Harris.

I really enjoyed it, an easy read, good story, what more can you say ask for?:welcome:

I finished 'Club Dead' by Charlaine Harris, the third installment of The Stookie Stackhouse Vampire Mystery, another good read :D