Another new member saying hi

Peacefield

Hi everyone,

My name's Marcia and thought I'd better pop in and say hi and introduce myself. I'm a big fan of historical mysteries, but am game for anything especially if it comes with an out-of-this-world recommendation.

I just finished The Passion of Artemisia by Susan Vreeland, and am looking for something new to start. Some of my favorite authors are Iain Pears, Matthew Pearl, Tracy Chevalier, Jasper Fforde, Kate Ross and others.

I'm glad I found this forum and hope to learn about some great new reads :)

-M

Wecome to BCF! :)

I don't believe I've read any, could you give me a recommendation? (preferably something not too heavy!)

If you're looking for light, I would definitely say Kate Ross's Julian Kestrel mysteries. There are only 4 in the series as Ms. Ross passed away unfortunately, but they are wonderful reads set in what I think is the English Regency period.

Some more weighty novels if you are ever looking to read them are Matthew Pearl's The Dante Club and Iain Pears's Dream of Scipio or Instance of the Fingerpost. All favorites of mine.

Thank you for the welcome, everyone! :lol:

Instance of the Fingerpost is a wonderful book Kylie and I hope you like it! I love Iain Pears, and am constantly on the look out for new works from him. Has anyone heard by the way of anything he's working on? His last book came out in 2005 and I've been patiently waiting :)

If you're looking for light, I would definitely say Kate Ross's Julian Kestrel mysteries. There are only 4 in the series as Ms. Ross passed away unfortunately, but they are wonderful reads set in what I think is the English Regency period.

Some more weighty novels if you are ever looking to read them are Matthew Pearl's The Dante Club and Iain Pears's Dream of Scipio or Instance of the Fingerpost. All favorites of mine.

:)

Thank you for that :lol: - It's great to have somewhere to start as otherwise I wouldn't have a clue! I've added Cut to The Quick to my wishlist and I'll keep an eye out for it.

Edited by Loopyloo100

Great Loopy, I hope it crosses your path and you like it! I could read that series over and over :)

Thank you for all the warm welcomes, everyone. I'm liking it very much here and appreciate the hi's and hello's.

PS: Renniemist, are you liking the Girl w/the Pearl Earring? I loved it.