Luncheon of the Boating Party by Susan Vreeland

grammyva

Well, I can understand that, I adore Paris. It's my absolute favourite city in the whole world, and always makes me feel better, no matter what. For me it's not so much about all the romance and the tourism hype (which is a bit tacky at times) but about the spirit of the city, about the freedom and the history. About honesty.

For me Paris is a city of love, but not romantic love. It's about falling in love with who you are. It's about being honest, and about being the best you you can possibly be at the same time. It's not about hiding behind a mask but taking an honest look at your bare face and bringing out the beauty in it. I don't know if I'm making any sense anymore...

I'd love to know how that book is, GrammyVA. I loved Vreeland's Girl in Hyacinth Blue and just finished Passion of Artemisia, so I have a feeling I'd like this one.

Keep us posted :)

I'd love to know how that book is, GrammyVA. I loved Vreeland's Girl in Hyacinth Blue and just finished Passion of Artemisia, so I have a feeling I'd like this one.

Keep us posted :)

It's not as fast paced as I would like but it's moving along. I'm learning lots about the Impressionist movement in Paris and the different artists! It's interesting to read this fictionalized account of Renior's techniques as he painted this picture, too. A great book for those who love art!

It's not as fast paced as I would like but it's moving along. I'm learning lots about the Impressionist movement in Paris and the different artists! It's interesting to read this fictionalized account of Renior's techniques as he painted this picture, too. A great book for those who love art!

Have you read Vreeland's other books, Grammyva? That was what I loved about them; the details of the artist's technique. Artemisia Gentileschi in Passion and Artemisia and Vermeer in Girl in Hyacinth Blue. Wonderful stuff!!