Angus, Thongs And Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison

Tiger

Also in the series:

It's OK, I'm Wearing Really Big Knickers!

Knocked Out By My Nunga-Nungas

Dancing In My Nuddy-Pants

And That's When It Fell Off In My Hand

Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers!

Startled By His Furry Shorts

:lol:Well, what can I say about this series?:lol: Apart from- LOL.

The bestselling series about Georgia Nilson is hilarious. While she and her 'Ace Gang' go round trying to make the more handsome boys theirs; she has a rather annoying family: her 3-year-old sister Libby keeps leaving things in Georgia's room and embarassing her in front of her crushes; her cat Angus spits in her face; and her father has a 'really embarassing tash and beard', so about the only normal person is her mother.

In the first book, she competes with her arch rival, sixth-former 'Wet Lindsay' to get Robbie, the boy who most people fancy. Along the way, Libby embarasses her older sister; Angus tries to eat 'Mr And Mrs Nextdoor's' poodles; and many other hilarious things.

I'd give it 10/10!

The other ones I've read (all 10/10):

Dancing In My Nuddy-Pants

Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers

Startled by his Furry Shorts

:lol:

Edited by Tiger

I also very much hesitated. These books are listed in the teenage section of the library. Certainly not offensive but I would rate from 12 if at all worried. By the time girls have had their first day at secondary school they are definately ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helen and Philip have them and have read them all - must be good if Helen has actually got throught them - she even asked me to get the new one for her recently. One day I will get around to reading them myself :)

I saw the new one up at Tesco's earlier today, it's called Stop In The Name Of Pants! I might get it before I go on holiday, it sounds really funny!:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Helen and Philip have them and have read them all - must be good if Helen has actually got throught them - she even asked me to get the new one for her recently. One day I will get around to reading them myself :lol:

The new one (my current book) is so far really funny, but at one point it's sad because

Angus, the cat, gets ran over by a car and is quite ill. But he does make it- he spits in Dave The Laugh's girlfriend's face when he gets out of the vets

I went to go and see the film of the first book last night, and it was excellent, it's worth seeing it!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I think it all depends on how mature your kid is, and how much they read/have read in the past. I've read the first one of these, and I would say that when I was 11.-12 I would have loved them. I might not have gotten all the jokes, but I would have loved them. I can also say that the woman that worked in the library at the time when I was 12 would not have approved at all! Mean, nosy old bird, she actually called my parents when I checked out Brahm Strokers Dracula at age 14... It was too mature for me she thought!

You as a parent is (or is it are thebest judge? Damn the english language!) the best judge of your child's level of maturity, I very rarely follow the age suggestions on books, unless it says 15+ or adults or something like that.

I read the book, and then make my mind up, and lets face it, when it comes to young adults books they don't take that much time to read, and you can form an opinion pretty fast.

Edited by Nali