What am I going to do with my books?

OK. I'm getting sold on the idea. A "What Happened To Andy's Books" blog, for people who've picked them up to reply to. Chances are, I guess, that only 1 in 10 or so would get any response, but it would still be interesting. It might be embarassing, too, given what utter rubbish some of them are.

We all have embarrassing books floating around.

But do it! It is a great idea!!

When I left home, I left all the books I had grown out of, at Mum's. Then Mum moved - and I had a problem like yours Andy. I had to drag 16 boxes of books (school books, embarrasing books, and other books I did not want any more) to the RSPCA. I have no idea whether they kept them all, or whatever they did with them.

..........I like the idea of leaving books on the train.....if I found one (LOL) the next time I come to London, I would certainly email you back :-)

If you want to get rid of a load of books in one go I would back the Freecycle idea too. If you are happy getting rid of them bit by bit the dropping them off here there and everywhere idea is great.

Oxfam also has book banks you can drop books off at usually in the same places as other recycling centres but I always find the slots annoyingly small so you have to bag the books up in small amounts.

Old books is a problem. I spent a year abroad a couple of years ago and had to get rid of 200 books (just hadn't realised how much space/weight they would take up and my mum's loft only had so much space) when I moved. I still wish I had kept some of them:irked:

Here's an idea Andy:

Some guy bought a new fridge for his house. To get rid of his old fridge, he put it in his front yard and hung a sign on it saying: 'Free to good home. You want it, you take it.' For three days the fridge sat there without even one person looking twice at it. He eventually decided that people were too un-trusting of this deal.. It looked to good to be true, so he changed the sign to read: 'Fridge for sale £50.' The next day someone stole it.

Here's an idea Andy:

Some guy bought a new fridge for his house. To get rid of his old fridge, he put it in his front yard and hung a sign on it saying: 'Free to good home. You want it, you take it.' For three days the fridge sat there without even one person looking twice at it. He eventually decided that people were too un-trusting of this deal.. It looked to good to be true, so he changed the sign to read: 'Fridge for sale