Little Black Dress Series

Has anyone read any of these titles?

I know I'm generalising, as I've only read two of these books (by the same author), but I hated them.

I thought that they were badly written, repetitive, boring and predictable. I don't like to be negative about books, as I know how it feels for someone to say bad things about your work, but I would never pick up another book by the author, based on the LBD stories.

I'm so glad I won these, as I would have felt cheated if I'd bought them! Harsh, but true.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I always see this title and think you're talking about the actual dress. Imagine my disappointment! *pouts*

(Talk about one-track mind!)

• 2 months later...

I'm feeling a bit bad here. I've actually read 34 Little Black Dress books. I loved a few, some I just finsihed because I started reading them, but I think it has to do with the author you've selected.

I have a new one laying by to start reading but at the moment it's going to stay in the book basket on wait until I feel like mindless reading again.

• 2 years later...

I had to bump this because I remember reading 2 LBD books I really really liked. So I went on Ebay and purchased the whole collection and I've never been so disappointed! I gave it all away to charity.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone read any of these titles?

I know I'm generalising, as I've only read two of these books (by the same author), but I hated them.

I thought that they were badly written, repetitive, boring and predictable. I don't like to be negative about books, as I know how it feels for someone to say bad things about your work, but I would never pick up another book by the author, based on the LBD stories.

I'm so glad I won these, as I would have felt cheated if I'd bought them! Harsh, but true.

I've tried one too a few months ago, and I totally agree with you there. I did not liked it. It felt very 'fake' and predictable in a boring way. Sometimes I don't mind predictability, if it is written in a funny or entertaining way. But this felt not good at all and I won't buy another book from LBD anymore!

;-)

Edited by MysteryRose

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...