*waves*

CarmenF

I finally found the intro section, finally. Some reader I am. :)

My name is Carmen and I live in Scotland with my hubby, dogs, and my son Alex, the last to leave the house. One day he'll have to go, ha.

I've been reading for years on and off but have been finding myself more and more caught up in books even if I do read slow. My fave is got to be The Alchemist by Coelho, a writer from Brazil. If you read him you would know why, he's just amazing and knows so much about life and dreams.

My book at the mo is Johnathan Strange and Mr Norrell. Not to far in, but just past a bit with statues coming to life. Had me on the edge of the seat sort of.

Glad to find this place. And I like the little smiles too. Found one of me :lol:

:) Me in the bath. Now wheres my book?

Edited by Echo
Added capitals :)...and more. ;-)

Welcome to the forum, Carmen!! :):D:) I also enjoyed The Alchemist. Have you read any other books by Coelho? I've read The Valkyries, but I didn't like it as much.

Hi Carmen and :) to the forum! Sorry to say, but I didn't enjoy The Alchemist much at all. I think it's a book that's best read at certain times in one's life; I might have enjoyed it more if I'd read it 5 years ago. There wasn't much in it for me :)

• 2 weeks later...