Nici

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

or google chrome :D

Well now at least we know the problem is with opera, perhaps try emptying the cache? link

That did it!! Thanks ever so much beef :D Oh my, even my BF who's the most computer literate person I know didn't know what could be done. Ooooh it feels good to be back, the real way :lol:

I was a long time firefox user but recently moved to Google Chrome as it uses WAY less RAM. Just use firefox now for flash sites e.g youtube until google get chrome 100% working for Linux.

I tried Chrome a while ago, but I had some additions to gmail which wouldn't work in it. Now I'm no longer using those additions, I suddenly realised last night I could go back and try Chrome again. It seemed to fire up quicker this morning, so that was good. :D

• 3 months later...

beef, I'm having that same problem again, and only on BCF site. The images won't load automatically and I've tried the history+cache thing and it doesn't work :D

Edit: I don't know if this is somehow linked to the problem, but when I was browsing BCF earlier this morning and the images worked just fine, something just happened (I don't remember doing anything myself) and my toolbar thingies changed all by themselves too. You know, the outlook of my toolbars on top of browser? I don't know quite how to explain it. I've tried going through toolbars and changing them but I cannot find anything that looked similar to what I had before. I have no idea how it happened.

Edit: Okay never mind, I closed the browser and opened it again and now it all works just fine again :17:

Edited by frankie

On my computer at home I cannot get IE 7/8. It comes up a blank page and "error report" appears now it does not matter if you sent it or not the whole lot disappears. I had to go to an other computer and down load firefox so I can use my computer at home but I do miss IE. Any ideas anyone? all help will be appreciated and heres a thanks :lol::thankyousigna2: for your help in advance.

sounds like your copy of IE is corrupt (more so than default, the evil corrupt program that it is! :lol:). Not sure if IE can be removed? I know it certainly could not be in the past, if it can be, remove it and re-install it, if not, you will probably just have to stick with firefox or similar till you can have a re-install done. The only other thing I can think of to try is this - create a new user account on your computer and see if its IE works, it could be a profile issue with your install.

• 1 month later...

This might be a silly question but anyways: I'm trying to e-mail a person, and I've written the e-mail on an Open Office document and now I'm in hotmail, trying to paste the text in the new message area. Usually copy+paste is as easy as breathing but now when I click on the right mouse button, there is no 'paste' option, just "back, rewind, full screen, ... frame, print" options which I don't understand. What's that about? :lol: Usually BF helps me with this stuff but of course he had to absent right at this moment.

Edit: okay problem solved, BF returned quickly and told me to do a little ctrl-v and that did it :)

Edited by frankie

• 1 month later...

HELP!! I have just tried to log in to Hotmail and it won't let me as it says that the password is incorrect which it isn't. I selected the forgot password option and it just sends a reminder of my password to that same e-mail address. People are now getting rogue e-mails from me. There is nowhere on the hotmail/msn site to report it. Any suggestions? I am concerned as I have e-mails with various webiste usernames etc on it.

Thanks. I have just filled in the form etc, but I can't remember my secret word etc without the prompt as I created the account about 15 years ago. What I am most worried about is any password reminders and stuff that will have been sent to that account :lol::blush::tong::lol: