Computer Help Thread

Nici

I don't think I have! Certainly can't see anything..... Where would it show in IE?

Still haven't fixed the flash problem , but my internet has now speeded up as I rung Sky cos it was just sooooooo slow and we ran a few tests and it turns out that someone and their xbox have been hacking into my connection. Changed the password and channel which has fixed that.

Cheeky so and so's. :)

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats your own fault for not properly securing your wifi Nici :)

As for not being able to see it in IE, I dont think no-script works on IE so that is not the problem.

have you tried swearing at it ?

Thats your own fault for not properly securing your wifi Nici ;)

I had it passworded and everything - don't know how they cracked it..... :)

you tried swearing at it ?

Yes, several times and several words! :)

swearing at things almost always helps*

(*almost always)

do you know what kind of password it was? if it was a wep one you may as well not have bothered as they crack about as easily as an unboiled egg.

Then again I have went further than most, as well as having a password on the wifi, a VERY limited dhcp offering and at times mac filtering, even if you get onto the network, to actually connect to the net you need to please garlax (I dont know why I call him that, but I do.)

Garlax can be seen here

well it depends on your router, but generally it will show up on the logs and there should be a dhcp lease for the person connecting. that is assuming they are just a normal user, if they cover their tracks it can be difficult (can we stop calling it "hacking" now? because using someone else's wifi is NOT hacking)

it's not that either :)

A standard, out the box wifi router is set to yell to computers "I AM HERE COME USE ME" for them to connect is..just using. Windows will even do it by default. If they force their way on when its passworded or other wise protected its cracking. In the vast majority of cases though the router is simply not protected.

• 2 months later...

Hello all!

I've got this really annoying computer problem. Or perhaps more of a website problem. Usually my BCF website is in shipshape condition, but nowadays whenever I'm on BCF, all of the images are not shown, instead there are the 'texts' that are 'behind' every single image. It makes being on BCF really annoying! :D What helps is that I reload every image, but that means I really have to reload every single image which takes time and gets annoying. After a couple of hours or the next day it's reloading the images again, because they never stay that long.

I had this problem once before with this site but it went away when I just kept reloading the images for awhile. It seems like this time it's for good =S Does anyone know what's this about and is there anything else I can do?

It happens, not often but it does happen :D

Could be perhaps a cache/cookie issue, then again that would have shown up using cntrl+f5..try logging out then back in?

Also does this only happen on one comp or on several?

It happens, not often but it does happen :D

Could be perhaps a cache/cookie issue, then again that would have shown up using cntrl+f5..try logging out then back in?

Also does this only happen on one comp or on several?

I've logged out and logged in many times and still this problem doesn't go away. It's been going on for at least a week now :D

Sorry, what do you mean by one 'comp'?

computer

Is it consistent across computers? or just one? Which web browser are you using?

Ah okay. I've only used my one computer to come to this forum and I'm using Opera. But I don't know if that's neither here nor there as it's really just this one site that's having these problems. =/