Cricket

Kate

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shh. :D Just stay quiet and we'll be okay.

Edit - What did I tell you.. Cook gone for 95.

196-1. :D

Edited by Ben

Well a disappointing morning from the batsmen, but now a good performance from England's bowlers with them two early wickets.

Ponting gone for 2* and Hughes gone for 4*.

10-2. :D

Wow, what a massive turnaround from the first test. We have been completely outplayed in this game. We did receive a few harsh calls yesterday, but we are still well behind the eight ball.

I have missed a lot but read about the unfair calls. Seems that we still have a chance though!

Yeah, Clarke and Haddin's partnership has given us some hope. We still can't afford to lose an easly wicket though.

Yeah, if Clarke and Haddin can continue the partnership for a bit we will be in with a good chance! I'm almost sorry to be going to the movies tonight in case I miss anything. I might have to stay up and see it out to the end. :lol:

The end of the Test is going to be exciting. I think there will always be unfair calls, even though I hate to say it. I can't believe England started so well, but that Australia may win, oh dear!

WE got outplayed badly in this test. There is no other bowler around like Flintoff, he is the best quick in the world when he is going like that.

England have to be the strangest side in world sport. Away from home you could mount an argument for them being the worst test-playing nation in the world. At home they can at times look close to unbeatable, it is incredible.

Kylie and DanC - it's nice to see your graciousness in defeat. It is obviously such a good thing for us because usually you are just too good for us and we just crumble so quickly. I work with a few Aussies and they are quite nasty and grumpy (it's only a game I tell them - not it isn't they answer back - it's worse than life and death:lol:).

So, for the time being, forgive us while we wallow in some good news, it may not last but hey, we've got til 30 July to smile:D

Kylie and DanC - it's nice to see your graciousness in defeat. It is obviously such a good thing for us because usually you are just too good for us and we just crumble so quickly. I work with a few Aussies and they are quite nasty and grumpy (it's only a game I tell them - not it isn't they answer back - it's worse than life and death:lol:).

So, for the time being, forgive us while we wallow in some good news, it may not last but hey, we've got til 30 July to smile:D

Haha, hell, I rub it in enough when we win so I have to be prepared to accept it when we get beat!

I like the English anyway. Half my side of the family is English and my girlfriend's family moved out here in the 80s, so I feel like I am surrounded by poms.

I hate when the competitiveness between England and Australia gets nasty. And it seems to happen too much these days. There's nothing wrong with a bit of good-natured bantering but sometimes it goes too far. I'm sorry our ex-pats are being mean ;)

I went to England once and everyone was so friendly towards me. Even in the middle of London where you expect people to be less so just because it's such a big city. :)

I hate when the competitiveness between England and Australia gets nasty. And it seems to happen too much these days. There's nothing wrong with a bit of good-natured bantering but sometimes it goes too far. I'm sorry our ex-pats are being mean ;)

I went to England once and everyone was so friendly towards me. Even in the middle of London where you expect people to be less so just because it's such a big city. :)

I agree Kylie. I was shocked at how helpful everyone was over there. We were kind of expecting everyone to be cold and unhelpul, but like you say even right in the middle of London ppl were practially falling over themselves to help us.

It was when we hit Europe that we ran into some trouble...

I agree Kylie. I was shocked at how helpful everyone was over there. We were kind of expecting everyone to be cold and unhelpul, but like you say even right in the middle of London ppl were practially falling over themselves to help us.

It was when we hit Europe that we ran into some trouble...

Well, I think you'll find that we're jolly nice chaps really:mrgreen: