Cricket

Kate

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! I love cricket. It starts here around 8pm so I haven't seen too much yet because I've been too tired and have had other things on. We do seem to be doing OK though! :D

Go the Aussies!

Yay! I get a little nervous being an Australian on an English forum at Ashes time :D I'm glad you're here now. :smile2:

Fortunately everyone here is kind and I don't think they'll give us too much grief if they beat us. ;)

Yay! I get a little nervous being an Australian on an English forum at Ashes time :D I'm glad you're here now. :smile2:

Fortunately everyone here is kind and I don't think they'll give us too much grief if they beat us. ;)

Wash your mouth out Kylie!!!

I'm following the cricket on the BBC homepage. But I'm too scared to keep looking as we are not doing very well at the moment.:lol: I do sincerely hope we put up more of a fight than last time when it was whitewash. C'mon England!!!!:lol:

The Aussies seem to have got this one sewn up! Where's Ian Botham when you need him? :lol:

Still, I take heart from the fact that in the last Ashes series in this country we started off badly but then came good, so you never know (said more in hope than in expectation)

I can't believe we couldn't finish it off!!!

Still, well done to the poms I guess, particularly the tail, they did a great job holding on there.

I like the Aussies chances for the rest of the series though.

I know nothing about sport and do not follow it. I find cricket a slow ponderous game but all my family love sport. I can see no point in it. I was brought up in a non competative era and do not approve of "One up manship" or beating oour fellow human being. Like class peopel should be no different to each other

I like the Aussies chances for the rest of the series though.

I'm guessing the Australian tv coverage isn't anything like the UK, but here, all the channels are constantly reminding us of 2005 Ashes and have mostly conveniently forgotten the last series, but it does mean that I've had my memory jogged about it! Australia looked pretty good then after winning the first test, but England came back from that, so I wouldn't write us off just yet!

Harmison back in the squad for Lord's - let's hope they pick him for the team. I think he worries the Aussie batsmen a bit, so it would be good to see him and Flintoff in the attack.

I'm guessing the Australian tv coverage isn't anything like the UK, but here, all the channels are constantly reminding us of 2005 Ashes and have mostly conveniently forgotten the last series, but it does mean that I've had my memory jogged about it! Australia looked pretty good then after winning the first test, but England came back from that, so I wouldn't write us off just yet!

Harmison back in the squad for Lord's - let's hope they pick him for the team. I think he worries the Aussie batsmen a bit, so it would be good to see him and Flintoff in the attack.

I'm not writing you guys off completely but I just think your bowlers are nowhere near good enough.

In 2005 you had Hoggard, Flintoff, Harmison and Simon Jones all in great form and swinging the ball ridiculously.

I don't think the likes of Broad, Anderson, Penasar, Swan and an out of form Freddie are going to get it done to be honest.

Also in the first test of the 2005 series you guys gave our batsmen a heap of trouble, even though we won the writing was kind of on the wall. In this test it took you guys 19 wickets to score as many runs as we did with 6 wickets. We could probably have got between 800 and 900 if we had kept batting.

Not saying you guys are out of it. England are always pretty tough at home, but Australia would have to be massive favourites at this point.

Well so far ...... (I really don't want to jinx this ....) we are looking quite good in the second Ashes test(126 - 0 as I write). That will probably change after lunch but I just had to report that right now as it might not happen again:mrgreen: