Signed Copies

I have a signed copy of The Vampire Armand by Anne Rice. My boyfriend found it in an obscure used book shop and gave it to me, since he knows it's my favorite of hers. ;)

I have 4 signed books:

An Open Vein by J M Warwick (KW) - birthday pressie from Kat ;)

The Runaway by Martina Cole - bargain from Amazon

Breeding Ground & The Taken by Sarah Pinborough - Competition prize here on BCF

I have a book signed by Pete Best (original drummer of The Beatles) and one signed by John Lennon's half-sister, Julia.

I have a few books about Wicca signed by Fiona Horne and a couple of books on the paranormal signed by their authors as well.

I have a few books signed by the authors and I'll be adding to my collection tonight as I'm going to a book group meeting with Stuart Macbride who will be signing copies of his latest crime thriller, Flesh House!

I have other books signed by:

Stuart Macbride

Christopher Brookmyre

Terry Pratchett

Kelley Armstrong

Andrew E Shipley

J M Warwick

Samantha Grosser

Debora Hill (My review is actualy quoted on the back of this one!)

I'm pretty certainthere are others too, but I can't remember which ones off the top of my head.

Edited by Kell

I have a book signed by Pete Best (original drummer of The Beatles) and one signed by John Lennon's half-sister, Julia.

I have a few books about Wicca signed by Fiona Horne and a couple of books on the paranormal signed by their authors as well.

Wow! A book signed by Pete Best, as a Beatles fan I have to say I'm impressed and a bit jeolous. I'm sure there is a great story behind this acquisition.

I have a signed copy of

Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult (she was on a tour to promote the book and stopped in Aberdeen)

Mums @ Home by Sophie King

I don't have any signed books at the moment, but E V Thompson practically lives in our local WH Smith, so I'll grab a few autographs next time he's around.

I have another signed book to add to my little collection as Stuart Macbride was at our Posh Club boko group tonight to discuss his latest book (Flesh House). He was absolutely lovely and wrote in my book, "To Kell, Good luck on the thing growing in your tummy..." which made me laugh. Am well chuffed. ;)

Wow! A book signed by Pete Best, as a Beatles fan I have to say I'm impressed and a bit jeolous. I'm sure there is a great story behind this acquisition.

Lucky you that must be well worth hanging on to!

Not much of a great story. There was a Beatles Festival in Adelaide in 2004 and he and Julia Baird (John's sister) were guest talkers. They both signed their books afterwards. Nice people. Pete Best wrote my name wrong, even after I spelt it to him. :) A few months later I travelled to Liverpool to Beatle Week and got to see him play live with his band. Pretty cool! ;)

I have 4 signed books:

An Open Vein by J M Warwick (KW) - birthday pressie from Kat :)

Awwww.;)

I have one signed book by Nora Roberts: HONEST ILLUSIONS, her best book ever.

Edited by Janet

My book wasn't just signed, though - there was a personal message from the author, so ner-ner-ner-ner-ner! ;)

Three of mine have personal messages in ner-ner-ner-ner-ner :)

Yeah, but how many of you have a "Thank You" from the author for the recipe (actually, two recipes) that you posted on his message board, and he actually copied out and tried - and really, really, really, liked them?

Jack Whyte posted this on his message board:

Cathy, I have to tell you that my wife Beverley thinks you and I might know each other, perhaps from a previous incarnation in Ancient Eire... There's a very simple reason for that, of course, and I thought I'd write to you and tell you about it.

A couple of weeks ago, you posted a few recipes in here , in response to the question of what you would serve me if I were to turn up at your door bearing a bottle of vino and looking to be fed. I was intrigued, and I transcribed them and printed them out, then passed them along to my wife.

And so this weekend, when our Clan all arrived in Kelowna on Friday evening, haggard and harried and hungry after driving all day from a variety of points across Western Canada, we served them your "Almost Cabbage Rolls", and they were the smash hit of the Thanksgiving weekend. We scoffed the entire enormous pan of them and would have eaten even more had there been more available . . . which is amusing, considering that Beverley was worried, originally, about where she was going to store the leftovers... But the "smash" hit was soon followed, and came nigh to being eclipsed, by the "mash" hit of Thanksgiving Dinner itself

I have one signed book by Nora Roberts: HONEST ILLUSIONS, her best book ever.

I've only read Northern Lights and unfortunately I didn't enjoy it. Do you read a lot of her books and if so what would you consider one of her best books, so that I may give her another chance?