What are Everyone's Favourite Films?

marbles

Apart from Carry On's and Charlie Chaplin films (you can't beat the old fashioned silent movies), my favourites are films with a spiritual element that make you think and question - films that have a real good story and can be viewed in many different ways.

Some of my favourites include American Beauty, Life is Beautiful and What Dreams May Come.

Of course there are also the Babylon 5 and Star Trek films - First Contact and Star Trek V (the one about the whales) are my favourites.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Star Trek Generations is one of my favourite Christmas movies. I'm not sure WHY it's a Christmas movie, since the only obvious Christmassy bit is when Picard is in the Nexus, but either way, it's become a tradition to watch it with my family at Christmas. :lol:

I would like to say that Gran Turino is one of the best films I have seen in years. Easily one of my all-time favs :D

That's interesting seen as though I was considering watching it just the other day, then decided against it. May reconsider now..

I love Amelie, rocky horror picture show (never fails to make me smile!) and if i'm being entirely honest, a good muppet film =p I'm admitting here and now that i adore 'A Muppet Christmas Carol' oh the shame.

I love Amelie too, and there is absolutely no shame in adoring A Muppet Christmas Carol - one of the best Christmas films ever, and I think it's completely wonderful.

Amelie is one I have yet to see, and I kick myself whenever I notice it mentioned because I still haven't seen it!

Speaking of French films, as anyone seen The Horseman on the Roof? I loved that one immensely.

I love Amelie, rocky horror picture show (never fails to make me smile!)
Seconded.

Seeing RHPS at the theatre is an insane experience (and one which I've indulged in 7 times), but alas - no Tim Curry!! I love that man and most of the things he's been in, from the surreal Clue (the only film ever, I believe, to have been based on a boardgame) to the dreadful-but-I-love-it-anyway The Man in the Iron Mask.

I think Annie is probably the only thing of his I'll never stomach... not even he could save it!

I love Amelie, rocky horror picture show (never fails to make me smile!)

I haven't seen Amelie yet but it's on my mental 'must watch' list :) I also love Rocky Horror Picture Show and saw the sing-along version at the theatre a few years ago. Everyone was dressed up....it was fabulous! :):D

Movie going is a favorite past time of mine as well.

All time Favorites:

Foul Play

The Devil Wears Prada

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

The Sound of Music

Rear Window

The Parent Trap ( new )

Overboard

The Italian Job

Bourne 1,2 and 3

Most James Bond :D

Movie going is a favorite past time of mine as well.

All time Favorites:

Foul Play

The Devil Wears Prada

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

The Sound of Music

Rear Window

The Parent Trap ( new )

Overboard

The Italian Job

Bourne 1,2 and 3

Most James Bond :D

I love all of those, except Foul Play, which I've never heard of. Will definitely keep an eye out for it, as it sounds like we have similar taste! :D

Apart from the odd movie here and there I really dislike modern movies (gawd I sound like the old boring fart I am...:lol:)

All this CGI overload is doing my head in - so I prefer to re watch some old classics. I never get tired of them.

That said, my Top 10 do include some CGI enhanced movies - they are not all bad

Arsenic And Old Lace

Gone With The Wind

We Are No Angels

The Big Lebowski

Kelly's Heroes

The Great Escape

Reservoir Dogs

The Fantastic Four (all of them)

Spiderman II

Dances With Wolves

There are many other movies I enjoy watching but not as often as those