Karen Rose

I've read Die for Me and I See You, and thought both were brilliant.

I found the types of crimes incredibly interesting, and different to your bog standard murderers, which I loved!

I did find that the characters seemed very similar, as well as the situations they found themselves in.

Definitely an author I'll be looking for again :-)

xxx

I've read Die for Me and I See You, and thought both were brilliant.

I found the types of crimes incredibly interesting, and different to your bog standard murderers, which I loved!

I did find that the characters seemed very similar, as well as the situations they found themselves in.

Definitely an author I'll be looking for again :-)

xxx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I finished "I Can See You" last week and whilst I found it quite engaging (in so much that I read the book in two days) I did find it rather predictable - I could guess what would happen from the first five chapters. I did like the use of the method of victim selection and thought some of the psychology was quite interesting, if a bit trite.

I had a look for her other books in the library today but yielded no results - I will continue to look as it was quite a good, light read.

• 2 months later...

That is my only complaint with Karen Rose. She tends to follow the same formula in all her books and you can usually guess the path the book will take from early on. Her saving grace is the actual plot that she comes up with, I've always found that my interes in this has over ridden the fact that I probably know what is coming.

I also like her recurring characters. It's not always the same character but they always link in somewhere along the lines.

I just finished Don't Tell yesterday and loved it. So much so I went straight on to I Can See You. This one features one of the characters from Don't Tell which is making me wonder if I should have read all the previous books first? I thought they were all stand alone novels apart from the 'for me' series :huh: I looked up her website and it appears that some characters pop up in other books, but how much? Will I spoil the others if I continue this one first? Please help!

• 6 years later...

I've only just been introduced to this author but I have to say that after only reading one book I am hooked.

Last week I read Die For Me and right from the outset I was completely absorbed in the story.  It is quite a chunky book at just under 700 pages and it did take me about 6 days to read it but it was a fantastic read from start to finish.  There were days last week I was tempted to phone in sick just so I could stay home and read all day.  I did a little research online and found out that although her books can be read as standalone's they do feature recurring characters and certain events from previous books are mentioned in later books and as Karen Rose herself recommends reading them in order, that is what I am going to do.  I've ordered her entire back catalogue in paperback and cannot wait to get stuck in.