Agatha Christie-help

Hi all, I really want to read a few of Agatha Christie's books, but I dont have any idea where to start :roll: I think I like the idea of reading the Miss Marple ones :) Do they have to be read in order? :)

Any other suggestions?

Thanks xx

I wouldn't think so Kelly. I've read or listened to about half a dozen. My favourite to date is The Sittaford Mystery.

You can quite often get good deal on Christie through the book people - I got 10 books for £9.99 (as I recall they were all Miss Marple books). If you don't want to buy them my local library is stuffed full of them (though many are in the large print section).

I think my favourite Miss Marple is At Bertram's Hotel.

I've got all her books - I collected them years and years ago and revisit every now and then. I think I may re-read them all but in chronological order of when they were published (not when they were written)

Here's a list of them all on wikipedia it even tells you who the detective is in each (if any). Don't click the links though as there are major spoilers in the plot pages.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've meant to give Agatha Christie a try on and off for a while now, but have seen so many TV and film adaptations over the years worried I'd be reading one and suddenly half way through remember 'who'd done it' - and have the experience ruined. I have read the 'Miss Marple The Complete Short Stories' and enjoyed those very much.

Knowing who did it gives you an entirely different take on them as you read. I shouldn't worry. It's fun to see if you can then see how clever she was with her writing.

Lots of her books have never been televised though

Knowing who did it gives you an entirely different take on them as you read. I shouldn't worry. It's fun to see if you can then see how clever she was with her writing.

Good point. I've enjoyed reading John Le Carre's 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' and indeed watching(and re-watching) the TV series - being fully aware who the traitor is.

Will have to add one of Christie's novels to my reading list :lol:

My fav' one is Ten Little Indians, I advise you to read it if you didn't !

I read a lot of others of her books, ABC Murders for instance B)

Ah. The 'inbetween name' :blush:

It's now called 'And Then There Were None' if anyone is looking for it