Who is your favorite detective/crime fighter?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles from Tess Gerritsen are my favourite, but have to say Mick StJohn from Moonlight is the best vampire detective. :roll: (I have yet to read my Sherlock Holmes book, which was my grandpa's)

Edited by chrysalis_stage
Punctuation

• 4 weeks later...

my favourite crime fighter is d.c.i alan banks the detective in peter robinsons books.

peter robinsons books are set in the yorkshire dales,moors, area of england and all eighteen books contain alan banks.

hes a working class man who enjoys classical and rock music in equal measure,he also reads,enjoys theatre,and going to opera.but at heart hes a normal bloke who enjoys a pint of ale and a pub lunch with hes mates

I love Myron Bolitar, that wonderful character created by Harlan Coben. I also love Lee Child's Jack Reacher novels. I grew up with Sherlock Holmes and Inspector Morse. I have to say, however, that 'Kalle' Blomkvist in Stieg Larsson's Millennium novels is now one of my very firm favourites. Has anyone read these books yet? They are magnificent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Inspectors Morse and Lewis.

Inspector Lynley

Inspector Frost

Sherlock Holmes

Hercule Poirot

In no particular order and for varying reasons.

Morse is a bit pig-headed at times get an idea and sticks to it even if the evidence suggests otherwise and can be nasty to Lewis (which makes me want to hurt Morse!) But he does get the job done and will see sense at the right moment.

Lewis is intelligent thinks a little bit more and though softened by Oxford life he still is proud of his Nothern roots a lets them show. He isn't so nasty to his sidekick and solves the case by elimination rather than by immediate conviction on one person - and he doesn't fall in love in practically every episode either!

Lynley is gorgeous and clever - and is not afraid of being told off by his female sidekick Sharon Small's Sergeant Havers! There is definite attraction between the two of them but they are professional and show true compassion to ALL concerned!

Frost - David Jason ... need I say more!

Holmes and Poirot are good and clever though not actual detectives and I love Holmes attempts at early Forensics and Poirot's quiet observations.

My favourites anyway but I hope to get more in the list soon.

• 3 weeks later...

In adult wise I love Robert Langdon he is the perfect detective but when I was younger I loved the Hardy Boys, The Five Find Outers and now that I have just finished my English Lit exam :)!!!! I must say that Inspector Goole is an Inspector that stands out for me! :)

My favorite from a novel would be Lindsay Boxer from the murder club series by James Patterson. From T.V it would have to be either Mr Barnaby (Midsomer Murders), Mark Sloan (Diagnosis Murder), Jessica Fletcher (Murder she Wrote). I love the old ones they are still great to watch.

My favorite detective when I was a little girl was Nancy Drew. :)

I love the Lincoln Rhyme series by Jeffrey Deaver. So yeah.....Lincoln Rhyme! He's super intelligent and was played by Denzel Washington in The Bone Collector movie which increases his appeal!! :)

• 2 weeks later...