Who is your favorite detective/crime fighter?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Lucas Davenport was my runner-up for the top spot. I love how he's not totally a nice person, although he's certainly mellowed out lately, huh? I haven't read the last two in the series yet...Invisible Prey has been on my TBR list for months, after I got it for my birthday last year.

Just wait until you read Wicked Prey...you'll have a whole new outlook of Lucas. He could be an action figure. :blush:

Great book!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest velocipede2288

Columbo as written by William Harrington by far the best as well as the TV show, but also Raymond Chandler's Phillip Marlow and Dashiell Hametts's Sam Spade. Rebus, Dalziel and Pasco, Inspector Lyndley,Bergerac,And all the cops at the 87th precinct.

I've been reading a lot more than I usually do in the way of crime/mysteries this year, and have had the pleasure of being introduced to:

Philip Marlowe

Precious Ramotswe

Stephanie Plum

Jack Spratt

And I've also been catching up with:

Sherlock Holmes

Thursday Next

Trixie Belden

Not forgetting to mention Nancy Drew as well. They are all wonderful characters and so different from each other! :D

Edited by Kylie

• 2 weeks later...

I love loads of crime novels, but that's a bit different from the individual character: e.g. I grew up with Sherlock Holmes, and adore the books, but I don't think characterisation was one of Doyle's strengths.

My favourite characters are probably VI Warshawski (surprised there's only been one mention of her), Sam Jones (Lauren Henderson's books), Stephanie Plum, Guido Brunetti, and Jules Maigret. I've also recently read Laurie King's The Beekeeper's Apprentice, and I think Mary Russell might soon get added to that list (King also creates a much stronger character out of Holmes too).