Karin Slaughter

Guest jake

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay!! I am gald you like it ;)

Simply brillant! Now I know what all your fussing was about. Remember my lost mojo...it came back after I read that 4th page!! :eek2:

By the way...I've done my review.

I'm just reading my first ever Karin Slaughter, Blindsighted and I was totally hooked after 27 pages. I think it's the best crime fiction I've read after Jeffery Deaver, and that's saying much! I'm googling right now to see in which order I should read the Sara Linton books and if they have those books in the library.

Also googled Karin Slaughter and my word, she was born in 1971!! She's real young for such a successful writer, in my opinion. I hope she has many many successful years ahead :D

I'm just reading my first ever Karin Slaughter, Blindsighted and I was totally hooked after 27 pages. I think it's the best crime fiction I've read after Jeffery Deaver, and that's saying much! I'm googling right now to see in which order I should read the Sara Linton books and if they have those books in the library.

Also googled Karin Slaughter and my word, she was born in 1971!! She's real young for such a successful writer, in my opinion. I hope she has many many successful years ahead :D

You will love her, she does have a couple books which are not as good, later on in the series, but I suppose that is like all other authors. But her last book brought her back to the early days.

I hope you get the rest of the series soon. By the way. There are a couple which are not in the Grant County (Sara Linton) series but will need to be read for the latest Grant County book.

You will love her, she does have a couple books which are not as good, later on in the series, but I suppose that is like all other authors. But her last book brought her back to the early days.

I hope you get the rest of the series soon. By the way. There are a couple which are not in the Grant County (Sara Linton) series but will need to be read for the latest Grant County book.

So I should read Linton as far as the second last book, then read the other series and continue with the Linton series. Okay, thanks for clearing that up :lol: There are some copies in my local library but I think I would need to reserve them, I think I might go to a couple of secondhand bookshops to see if they have the books :D

So I should read Linton as far as the second last book, then read the other series and continue with the Linton series. Okay, thanks for clearing that up :lol: There are some copies in my local library but I think I would need to reserve them, I think I might go to a couple of secondhand bookshops to see if they have the books :D

I would read them for the date they were published. ok so you have a couple which are not as good, but they flow through the years and you see the characters progress and age.

This is how I would read them:

Blindsighted (2001)

Kisscut (2002)

A Faint Cold Fear (2003)

Indelible (2004)

Faithless (2005)

Triptych (2006) (Wwill Trent)

Beyond Reach (2007)

aka Skin Privilege

Fractured (2008) (Will trent)

Genesis (2009) (is a Grant County novel but also has will Trent)

aka Undone

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I've read the series up to Skin Privilege and I have to say I love them all. I think Karin Slaughter does a great job in portraying all the characters as I quickly fell in love with them all from the very start.

However, I am still recovering from the rollercoaster that was Skin Privilege and have not been able to bring myself to read Fractured yet.

Hey everyone, I've read the series up to Skin Privilege and I have to say I love them all. I think Karin Slaughter does a great job in portraying all the characters as I quickly fell in love with them all from the very start.

However, I am still recovering from the rollercoaster that was Skin Privilege and have not been able to bring myself to read Fractured yet.

Hi there!!!

I know what you mean. I came on this forum and I was

E- mourning the loss of Jeffery.

I decided that I had to continue reading to get over it. I hope you do. As I keep banging on about it you need to get through the books just so you can GENISIS. I can hear the groans from members on this board as I go on about the book so much.

Hi there!!!

I know what you mean. I came on this forum and I was

E- mourning the loss of Jeffery.

I decided that I had to continue reading to get over it. I hope you do. As I keep banging on about it you need to get through the books just so you can GENISIS. I can hear the groans from members on this board as I go on about the book so much.

I think I was slightly worried that the rest of the series wouldn't be as good as the previous novels. However, after your recommendation of Genesis, I am going to try and force myself to get over my fear soon. Thanks :D

I think I was slightly worried that the rest of the series wouldn't be as good as the previous novels. However, after your recommendation of Genesis, I am going to try and force myself to get over my fear soon. Thanks :)

I will be honest Fractured was not as good. But i don't know if that was becuase I read it straight after skin Prilivege and I was still :D about it.

But yes Genisis is still good. It toes take a little getting used to, but it's good :D

Also she has a dedication at the beginning apologising for 'What she did' hahaha

Also if you go online on her website (You must read Skin privalege first for people who have not) you will find a chapter on how sara and Jeffery first met. It is lovely!

I moved this next bit from the What's Your Book Activity Today -thread to here where it belongs, I think I was going way off topic :)

I knwo what you mean about FAITHLESS, it is a bit like that. The direction that I thought the book would go in never took that direction, but once I got into it it was really good with. I thought the same with INDELIABLE. But you will love TRIPTYCH. I did anyway hehe.

I think I know what you mean about Indelible, but for my part I have to say that I thought it was probably the most gripping novel, after the first Grant County novel. The events in the present were just so "out of nowhere, smackdown in the middle of the blue" if one can say so, if you know what I mean. And the events in the past were incredible, and it was so weird and creepy to discover that they'd already gone through so much in their youth. I have to say

poor Possum, I thought he might turn out to be the bad guy who raped that girl... Julia? I'm sorry Possum, how could I ever think something like that of you?? I sorta felt for Robert, it had to have been hard to for him to hate himself for what he was. Not that I thought he had a real reason for it, but he couldn't help thinking he was sick. Did you read what Slaughter had written after the end of the novel? She mentioned Billy Jack Gaither as a real victim of gay bashings, I had to google his name and the story was so awful :irked:

With Faithless I'm thinking I cannot stand

Sara Linton. When she found out about Jeffrey's possible hepatitis, she was concerned about herself and her patients and mad because he hadn't told her immediately. Not once has she asked him how he's feeling and shown her support. I mean of course she should worry about herself and her patients, that's very responsible and wise of her but it doesn't mean she can't be supportive of her OH as well. I'd like to give her a piece of my mind!!! And Lena, what on earth is she doing with Ethan?? I've never understood her character, I just cannot see her reasoning for her actions.

I moved this next bit from the What's Your Book Activity Today -thread to here where it belongs, I think I was going way off topic :)

I think I know what you mean about Indelible, but for my part I have to say that I thought it was probably the most gripping novel, after the first Grant County novel. The events in the present were just so "out of nowhere, smackdown in the middle of the blue" if one can say so, if you know what I mean. And the events in the past were incredible, and it was so weird and creepy to discover that they'd already gone through so much in their youth. I have to say

poor Possum, I thought he might turn out to be the bad guy who raped that girl... Julia? I'm sorry Possum, how could I ever think something like that of you?? I sorta felt for Robert, it had to have been hard to for him to hate himself for what he was. Not that I thought he had a real reason for it, but he couldn't help thinking he was sick. Did you read what Slaughter had written after the end of the novel? She mentioned Billy Jack Gaither as a real victim of gay bashings, I had to google his name and the story was so awful :irked:

With Faithless I'm thinking I cannot stand

Sara Linton. When she found out about Jeffrey's possible hepatitis, she was concerned about herself and her patients and mad because he hadn't told her immediately. Not once has she asked him how he's feeling and shown her support. I mean of course she should worry about herself and her patients, that's very responsible and wise of her but it doesn't mean she can't be supportive of her OH as well. I'd like to give her a piece of my mind!!! And Lena, what on earth is she doing with Ethan?? I've never understood her character, I just cannot see her reasoning for her actions.

Silly me I replied to it on the other thread.

I love that I don't always like the character, if you see what I mean. Boy do they all have issues!

I think that Sara had

her heart well and truly broken by Jeffrey, and it took so much for her to even contemplate being with him again, and I think that her heart is till bruised from it all.

Lena is Little Miss Complicated, and her

childhood brought her part of the way to where she is now, and her experiences as an adult woman have brought her the rest of the way. She is punishing herself constantly, and I think Ethan is her way of picking at an emotional scab - a kind of you know you shouldn't as you'll only make it bleed again, but you can't stop yourself.

I love that I don't always like the character, if you see what I mean. Boy do they all have issues!

I think that Sara had

her heart well and truly broken by Jeffrey, and it took so much for her to even contemplate being with him again, and I think that her heart is till bruised from it all.

Lena is Little Miss Complicated, and her

childhood brought her part of the way to where she is now, and her experiences as an adult woman have brought her the rest of the way. She is punishing herself constantly, and I think Ethan is her way of picking at an emotional scab - a kind of you know you shouldn't as you'll only make it bleed again, but you can't stop yourself.

even though I 'still' don't like her. In Skin Privilege you get even more of an insight into her childhood and her life growing up.

^ Catwoman, can't wait to get to Skin Privilege because of that, it'll be interesting to learn more about Lena. And also Skin Privilege was the book that got me into this series, Charm and someone else were raving about the book and I wanted to read it immediately but luckily they managed to persuade me to start the series from the beginning.

I'm currently reading Triptych which I'm absolutely positively loving!! The book is a bit weird in that sense that I still haven't learnt much about Will Trent himself but he does seem like a fascinating person and I hope to learn more about him.

Plotwise, I love it how it switches from the present to the events in 1985 and how we are told the story from different people's points-of-view. Although I have to admit that

pretty early on, before Slaughter even hinted at it, I thought that maybe John Shelley was innocent. And before it unravelled in the book, I thought about Michael being the rapist. But I don't mind one bit, because the story is told so cunningly and even though I figured out some of the stuff myself, the story is so nicely layered.

Are there any other Will Trent books??

Edit: One other thing about Michael

Ormewood. Even before I had no idea what he was, I got a weird vibe from him and only because of his name. 'Orm' is 'snake' in Swedish and I guess that subconsciously it affected my opinion of him. Yuck!!

Edited by frankie

Wow, your telling us about that little Swedish word really threw me - I'm intrigued to know whether that was intended now. oooh!

I adore Will Trent. He has a special place in my book reading heart. :smile2:

I second that, I wonder if that was intended. That would be a great question if she ever visits your town.

I also adore will Trent. He is one of my fav characters. He is also in Fractured. The plot is not as good as some others but you find out more about Will as a person. As someone else from his past shows up in the book. He is also in the last book Genisis with Sara. I think he shines in that book.

Wow, do you think that little word thingy might have been intentional? It never even crossed my mind.

Ah, there's more of Will Trent to come, thanks catwoman for the info ;) And co-operation between Will and Sara, nice!! I hope

they don't mess around, Will and Angie belong together :D Not that it would seem very likely, but just to be on the safe side.

Oh and I did finish Triptych last night, I have to say that it's my favorite Slaughter so far. I absolutely adored

John Shelley

I also started Skin Privilege right after that. I'm pretty disappointed with it, so far it's been only about

the trial and I hate the fact that they sued Sara for malpractice. And it doesn't actually make very interesting reading either. But I've only read like 24 pages so I'm sure it'll pick up. Normally something massive would've happened by now, though :smile2:

Wow, do you think that little word thingy might have been intentional? It never even crossed my mind.

Ah, there's more of Will Trent to come, thanks catwoman for the info ;) And co-operation between Will and Sara, nice!! I hope

they don't mess around, Will and Angie belong together :D Not that it would seem very likely, but just to be on the safe side.

Oh and I did finish Triptych last night, I have to say that it's my favorite Slaughter so far. I absolutely adored

John Shelley

I also started Skin Privilege right after that. I'm pretty disappointed with it, so far it's been only about

the trial and I hate the fact that they sued Sara for malpractice. And it doesn't actually make very interesting reading either. But I've only read like 24 pages so I'm sure it'll pick up. Normally something massive would've happened by now, though ;)

My view of the Trent/ Angie chages constantly :D.

You are reading Skin Privelege? This is a massive bbok. Differs a little from the others. This is what I have beeen waiting for your response to the book. *Gets excited*