Karin Slaughter

Guest jake

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished reading Faithless and was impressed with the story line and characters until close to the end of the Novel when the Police Chief Jeffrey Tolliver became physically ill when a suspect died from drinking coffee with poison in it. Perhaps from my own limited experience in Law Enforcement I have never witnessed this. No cop is going to show that weakness unless he/she is a rookie, new to homicide, or is ill from something else. The character in this novel (Chief Tolliver) is purportedly a veteran police officer that is what ruins what was a very good story. I doubt I will read anymore by this author. She does not measure up to the likes of Joseph Wambaugh, Steve Martini, John Sanford, or J.A. Jance
:) I enjoyed "Faithless" I've not finished it yet but the book is good! :)

• 4 months later...

I've recently 'discovered' Karin Slaughter. I got Kisscut in audio from the library and loved it so on my next trip i picked up A Faint Cold Fear and Faithless. So far i've not been diappointed and i like the continuation (hope that is spelt right!) of the characters, I feel like i am getting to know them.

• 3 weeks later...

Despite having read them all, I'm not sure what to make of her. I enjoy the "detection" / "investigation" aspects but find the relationship aspects tedious. Is that because I'm a man. Do women enjoy the uncertainty / on-off aspects dragging on.

Despite having read them all, I'm not sure what to make of her. I enjoy the "detection" / "investigation" aspects but find the relationship aspects tedious. Is that because I'm a man. Do women enjoy the uncertainty / on-off aspects dragging on.

Actually I do enjoy the uncertainity of the relationships. It keeps me guessing. It is much like an early real relationship (or else at least the ones I've experienced!)

• 4 weeks later...

I've read them all think my favourite style of author is female thriller writers. Patricia Cornwell to start with but now Slaughter, Gerritsen, Gardner and Alex Kava among others.

Think that they tend to be character lead which is probably what streader is saying

relationship aspects tedious
and maybe that appeals to different people (women dunno)

• 11 months later...

I just noticed that in the acknowledgements section at the back of Skin Privilege Karin Slaughter says she has written a letter about her reasoning for ending the book like she did. It's a really good letter and she explains why she did what she did etc.

Its on her website: karinslaughter.com/letter

It has massive spoilers in it though, so don't read it unless you have finished the book!

• 1 year later...

Has anybody got the new Karin Slaughter book, Genesis?

I put myself on the library waiting list ages ago when I heard it was coming out and I went to collect it yesterday! Haven't started it yet but am quite excited, I love her, she is my favourite author :D

Has anybody got the new Karin Slaughter book, Genesis?

I put myself on the library waiting list ages ago when I heard it was coming out and I went to collect it yesterday! Haven't started it yet but am quite excited, I love her, she is my favourite author :D

Nope. I still haven't got a copy of Fractured never mind Genesis! :smile2: .. and I've still got Skin Privilage and Triptych on my TBR pile ;)

Yeah Fractured is really good, I think you'll really like it Lexie, I know I did.

But I think all her books are really good, except for Martin Misunderstood - I didn't like that one it just wasn't her usual style of writing and seemed like a pointless story to me anyway.