Karin Slaughter

Guest jake

I am so jealous you met her. I do have a signed copy of indeliable above my bed and is my pride and joy.

As for the spoiler above that post about meeting her, nope nothing about Genisis. it is just about the online post that Karin made. But you need to have read SP before reading her post/ journal.

As for anything about Genisis, no spoilers here as I know only a couple people have read it, so I am still waiting for a major slaughter read it. Hint hint to my friends :lol:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you implying, catwoman?? Are you perhaps trying to suggest something?

:lol: I ordered Fractured sometime ago with 4 other books and all the others have already come through, so I'm expecting that the one that's supposed to wait for me tomorrow at the post office is Fractured :D Finally I'll have a chance to read it!

What are you implying, catwoman?? Are you perhaps trying to suggest something?

:lol: I ordered Fractured sometime ago with 4 other books and all the others have already come through, so I'm expecting that the one that's supposed to wait for me tomorrow at the post office is Fractured :lol: Finally I'll have a chance to read it!

HAHAHAHAHA :D I was implying that I am wanting to discuss Genisis with someone haha, I can't even remember why I liked it so much! :lol:

OOOOh thats good that you have fractured, I hope you like it.

Well alright then... I must order Genesis soonish so I can start it after Fractured.

Anyone else who hasn't read Fractured and Genesis yet but is going to?

Edit: Booo, the book costs 13e :/

Edited by frankie

Gosh, I am getting a little confused now.

I have only read Blindsighted and Kisscut in the Grant County series and I have read Triptych and Fractured in the Will Trent books.

I don't understand this little thing (obviously since I haven't read SP) but why are you all angry when reading Fractured? Should I have waited?

Anyway, going to get caught up on the Grant County books so I can get to this surprise but now I think I know what this shocking thing is. If it is what I am thinking about I have to say that I will not be a very happy bunny. :friends0::censored: Oh please don't let it be what I am thinking.

Gosh, I am getting a little confused now.

I have only read Blindsighted and Kisscut in the Grant County series and I have read Triptych and Fractured in the Will Trent books.

I don't understand this little thing (obviously since I haven't read SP) but why are you all angry when reading Fractured? Should I have waited?

Anyway, going to get caught up on the Grant County books so I can get to this surprise but now I think I know what this shocking thing is. If it is what I am thinking about I have to say that I will not be a very happy bunny. :friends0::censored: Oh please don't let it be what I am thinking.

Ok well it is better to read them from the start to the end. that way you get a better feel for the characters and you see how the characters grow. So you reading Tripych and fractured is fine as they are in the Will trent series.

As for Fractured. Nothing wrong with fractured. It is S.P that got people mad.

Yeah, I think I know what is making everyone mad.

There is only one thing that would make me mad in the books too.

Actually, I don't know were I read this or were it came from

but this something had me going "oh no" and now I get the feeling

whatever I read or heard this from now may have been true.

I seriously hope not. I hope I didn't read a spoiler by accident.

Yeah, I think I know what is making everyone mad.

There is only one thing that would make me mad in the books too.

Actually, I don't know were I read this or were it came from

but this something had me going "oh no" and now I get the feeling

whatever I read or heard this from now may have been true.

I seriously hope not. I hope I didn't read a spoiler by accident.

Oh no!!!!! I hope not it will totally ruin the surprise!

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Karin Slaughter is one of my favourite authors.

I happened to stumble on her book, whilst looking for my next read.

I began to read Genesis and unfortunately did not realise until I looked for more books by her that there was an order of books :(.

I find her books so easy to get into, rather than having to read a couple of chapters with some books, before you get 'hooked' onto them.

I have just finished Blindsighted, and have just begun Kisscut, both are shocking in their content and gripping, I always take these books everywhere, just incase I get a spare 5 minutes to read a little more!!

Ok, you all have me interested. I checked our library and they have the books available. Blindsighted is available now. with no waiting. Soon as I finish my current book I will give it a try.

Excellent to hear that! :) You must already know this, but I still have to stress that it's important to read the books in order to get more out of them. Sorry, you must know, it's just me :blush:

Can't wait to hear what you make of it just by the end of the first few chapters.

Blindsighted was a good read. I will definitley read more by Karin Slaughter. It is nice to find another author to read.

You may enjoy James Lee Burke....his latest two books are Creole Belle and The Glass Rainbow.

Edited by muggle not

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished my second read of a Slaughter book, "A faint Cold Fear", good reading. Skipped the second book in the series as it wasn't available from the library when I was ready to read. :) I will go back and read it soon.

Wow, I am about 40% through the book. I musr say that it starts with action and doesn't slow down much. I am enjoying the book so far.

It was a really creepy start, wasn't it? I felt the image of all that happened/had happened was just so scary and awful, and yet I felt I wanted to read more, more and more, I was hooked :D

Glad to hear you liked the first novel and want to continue with the series :)

It was a really creepy start, wasn't it? I felt the image of all that happened/had happened was just so scary and awful, and yet I felt I wanted to read more, more and more, I was hooked :D

Glad to hear you liked the first novel and want to continue with the series :)

I just finished my second read of a Slaughter book, "A faint Cold Fear", good reading. Skipped the second book in the series as it wasn't available from the library when I was ready to read. :) I will go back and read it soon.

I am taking a short break from the series and will start again soon. I am glad that my library has copies available for the kindle. can't wait to see what happens to Lena next after reading A Faint Cold Fear.

• 3 weeks later...

Despite having read them all, I'm not sure what to make of her. I enjoy the "detection" / "investigation" aspects but find the relationship aspects tedious. Is that because I'm a man. Do women enjoy the uncertainty / on-off aspects dragging on.

Considering the demand for "chick lit", I assume many women do like that stuff. I for one completely agree with you. I'd be happier without that kind of stuff. But being a purist would leave one with even fewer books to choose from.

It's been a while since I read one of her books. But I remember the impression being that she added random violence and unnecessary swearing just for the shock value. Not that I'm sensitive, but a really skilled writer can maintain suspense and even scare you without such obvious means.