Karin Slaughter

Guest jake

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As other authors seem to be doing nowadays. she uses the same casts of characters in the books I have read so far, and they develop with every story.

Yes they do. Her next book Triptych is a stand alone, then it's back to Grant County and her characters in a book called Skin Privilege

Thanks Jo! I only just saw a pic of Karin Slaughter not that long ago. She is nothing how I imagined her to look. Then again I'm not really that sure what I imagined, just that she's not it. If that makes sense :D

• 3 weeks later...

Blindsighted

Kisscut

A Faint Cold Fear

Indelible

Faithless

Is the order of her 'Grant County' series of books. I think they can be read in different orders, but to enjoy them properly they need to be read in sequence, a bit like Patricia Cornwell and Lisa Gardner :reading:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Blindsighted

Kisscut

A Faint Cold Fear

Indelible

Faithless

Is the order of her 'Grant County' series of books. I think they can be read in different orders, but to enjoy them properly they need to be read in sequence, a bit like Patricia Cornwell and Lisa Gardner :)

A Faint Cold Fear

Faithless I was In tescos the other week and I got the double set of these 2 titles for

I just finished reading Faithless and was impressed with the story line and characters until

close to the end of the Novel when the Police Chief Jeffrey Tolliver became physically ill when a suspect died from drinking coffee with poison in it. Perhaps from my own limited experience in Law Enforcement I have never witnessed this. No cop is going to show that weakness unless he/she is a rookie, new to homicide, or is ill from something else.

The character in this novel (Chief Tolliver) is purportedly a veteran police officer that is what ruins what was a very good story. I doubt I will read anymore by this author. She does not measure up to the likes of Joesph Wambaugh, Steve Martini, John Sanford, or J.A. Jance