3 books I recommend

Reading Again

Hello everyone:

Here are three books I recently read that I recommend.

If you haven't read "Sweetness in the Belly" by Camilla Gibb, you should. It's a remarkable book--the story of a white girl growing up as a Muslim in Ethiopia. A real journey, with multiple settings and well-developed characters--hard to put this one down. When you're done reading Sweetness you can continue your trek through the Muslim world with...

"The Places in Between" by Rory Stewart. It's a true story of a white British government worker who walks across Afghanistan just weeks after the Taliban has been ousted. Fascinating reading, provides a real insight and perspective into Afghanistan and the Muslim culture.

My final recommend is "The Glass Castle" by Jeanette Walls. This story is also true and equally fascinating. It's about a mother and father who choose to live in poverty, and sometimes even homeless. The parents are gifted and eccentric, the children all equally bright. It's a wild and, at times, unbelievable story that will have you laughing one minute and shaking your head in disbelief the next.

Edited by Michelle
Links removed, please see guidelines.