• 71 - 80
    • 81 +

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm spending my last weeks being 29, I'll be 30 on the 20th april and I'm not relly confortable with the idea. When I was a teenager I had so many plans and life gave me nothing of what I dreamt. I'm a little depressed now, because in my twenties I could still fool myself saying things like "no worry, you're young you have plenty of time". But time is running out. I'm still living with my parents, I clean other people's bathroom to buy our food and to pay the bills. Anyway, seeing the bright side I can say people think I'm 20 when they see me, no grey hair, no light wrinkle.. my classmates seems much older than me.

I'm 27 and still live with my parents too. It's nice that you don't look that old, it's usually the same for me (I look younger than I am). I get what you mean though, I also dread becoming 30 somewhat, obviously it's still a few years away but I think about it now and then. What matters most is that you're happy, and if not then you should think about your dreams and see if there are any you could work towards becoming true.

Athena, I really hope you'll get what you want before becoming 30.. yuo still have 3 years, I wish you all the best. But for me, it's a little late: I really wanted to study, to go to university.. and it's definitely late. Even if I could start this september - and it's nearly impossible - I won't finish before my 33th birthday.. and that's the flaw in my plans: I can't turn back time. I must create a Delorian, that's the only way! :giggle2:

I'm spending my last weeks being 29, I'll be 30 on the 20th april and I'm not relly confortable with the idea. When I was a teenager I had so many plans and life gave me nothing of what I dreamt. I'm a little depressed now, because in my twenties I could still fool myself saying things like "no worry, you're young you have plenty of time". But time is running out. I'm still living with my parents, I clean other people's bathroom to buy our food and to pay the bills. Anyway, seeing the bright side I can say people think I'm 20 when they see me, no grey hair, no light wrinkle.. my classmates seems much older than me.

Athena, I really hope you'll get what you want before becoming 30.. yuo still have 3 years, I wish you all the best. But for me, it's a little late: I really wanted to study, to go to university.. and it's definitely late. Even if I could start this september - and it's nearly impossible - I won't finish before my 33th birthday.. and that's the flaw in my plans: I can't turn back time. I must create a Delorian, that's the only way! :giggle2:

Too Late??  No Way!  No one can turn back time, we can only learn not to waste what we have left.  Do whatever it is you want to accomplish.  You'll be 33 no matter what you do.  Whether you go to university or not.  The sooner you start, the sooner you'll finish.  Your time so far has not been wasted, you've learned things, matured, and hopefully are able to appreciate the fact that you need more education.  It is never too late.

Your 30's can be the best years of your life.  But don't worry about the decades, I'm in my 60's, and these are the best years of my life!   :cool:

It's never too late, not till they carry you out, feet first.

Just do it!  :friends3:

Edited by pontalba

Too Late??  No Way!  No one can turn back time, we can only learn not to waste what we have left.  Do whatever it is you want to accomplish.  You'll be 33 no matter what you do.  Whether you go to university or not.  The sooner you start, the sooner you'll finish.  Your time so far has not been wasted, you've learned things, matured, and hopefully are able to appreciate the fact that you need more education.  It is never too late.

Your 30's can be the best years of your life.  But don't worry about the decades, I'm in my 60's, and these are the best years of my life!   :cool:

It's never too late, not till they carry you out, feet first.

Just do it!  :friends3:

Good post!! It can apply to eveyone of us.

Eleonora. It's never too late! I'm 31, and I'm getting a rather sucky degree this year which doesn't really do much for me when it comes to finding a job, and I'm going to go and study something completely different this year or next and I won't graduate until 2-3 years... But I'm so excited about the new study prospect, and that degree will actually be much more beneficial, and I might actually achieve something in life with it... So never give up! If I can start something new, old boring frankie as I am, I'm positive you can do it, too! :D:friends3:

I'm really looking forward to start my life as I want it and as others want it for me!! But still, with no job I canìt study and I can't find a decent job without a degree because I'm too old to be a worker in a factory or something (yes!! In Italy you have to be no older than 26 to have a contract as trainee or apprentice). Sometimes I feel so scared.. But YOU Frankie,Pontalba and all the wonderful people I've met in this wonderful forum are, you help me so much! I feel less alone and more tough with your words!! Thank you, from the bottom of my heart! :blush2:

Thanks muggle. :)

Eleonora, sending good vibes and hugs your way.  Never give up.  Never.

Frankie...sucky degree?  rotfalol  "old", "boring".....hah!  No way Dick Tracy! 

What a great experience though!  You never know when you'll use some of that sucky degree. :P

AIE:  My husband is older than I am, and he won't allow me to say I am old...!  hee hee

Edited by pontalba

I'm really looking forward to start my life as I want it and as others want it for me!! But still, with no job I canìt study and I can't find a decent job without a degree because I'm too old to be a worker in a factory or something (yes!! In Italy you have to be no older than 26 to have a contract as trainee or apprentice). Sometimes I feel so scared.. But YOU Frankie,Pontalba and all the wonderful people I've met in this wonderful forum are, you help me so much! I feel less alone and more tough with your words!! Thank you, from the bottom of my heart! :blush2:

You just keep on dreaming big, who knows what might happen! :yes:

And about the age thing... Pontalba already said it, you never know if your 30s might be the best years of your life! I'd always thought as a teenager that I would have a degree, a husband and maybe even a few kids by the time I was 25 and lookahere, I'm 31 and I have none of that yet :D I might've dreaded turning 30 when I was in my early 20s, but the closer I got to 30 the more I started thinking maybe it's a nice change. I've heard many women say they are more confident and enjoy themselves more when they're not in their 20s anymore. I've tried to adopt that belief and it's been going okay so far :)

Pontalba, your hubby's right, you are not old, you've barely lived the first half of your life! ;):friends3:

Edited by frankie

You just keep on dreaming big, who knows what might happen! :yes:

And about the age thing... Pontalba already said it, you never know if your 30s might be the best years of your life! I'd always thought as a teenager that I would have a degree, a husband and maybe even a few kids by the time I was 25 and lookahere, I'm 31 and I have none of that yet :D I might've dreaded turning 30 when I was in my early 20s, but the closer I got to 30 the more I started thinking maybe it's a nice change. I've heard many women say they are more confident and enjoy themselves more when they're not in their 20s anymore. I've tried to adopt that belief and it's been going okay so far :)

Pontalba, your hubby's right, you are not old, you've barely lived the first half of your life! ;):friends3:

Def more confidence the older one gets!

LOL, I won't be old till I can't wear my 6 inch heels! :giggle:  and that day ain't yet!

Wow, with your language skills it amazes me that you have no job. Everyone here likes you and your contributions and we will support you..at any age.

Me, I am old enough for a police officer to look young. :giggle2:

My mom always said..."Old enough to know better, yet young enough to do it again!" I'm thinking that could apply here. Me, I'm 51. And haven't given up on life yet.

Just have to reply to this as I am in a similar situation. I turn 30 in November. No way near ready to say that I´m 30. Feels like a joke. I don't look 30, I don't feel 30. I feel like I've done nothing at all with my life so far. 

A little backstory to it: I had some kind of a depression that began in my late teens. I spent years after graduating (age 18 to 23) doing absolutely nothing. Lived with my parents, didn't work, read a few courses just to do something. Mainly so I could go on doing as little as possible. But in year 2006 things turned. I met new people, I started coming into myself and LIVE again. I decided to study at the university to become a teacher. But a few months later things came crashing down. A break-up, and panic attacks. Could have made major damage, but I didn't want to go back to being the zombie I had been. I overcame my biggest fears where I thought I'd get more panic attacks, and with medication I feel 100 times better and in 2008 I finally began my university studies and moved from my parents to my own apartment. 

Currently still studying. One year left, with some extra courses I decided to add. I am single, living alone but feeling good about myself and my life. Have my parents and dog one hour away. My friends don't live in this town, but there are phones and internet, and I see them now and then. 

And guess what: the ages differ a lot at the university. From between 18 to 60! It is never too late to study. 

Now.... I guess I have to think of 30 as a number only. I am as said above single, and unsure if I want children some day. Time is limited on that account. But I figure I still have 10-12 years. And as much as has happened in the past 10 years in my life, just as much more can happen in the next 10 years. 

Still.............. 30. Insane. I have some of my old class mates on facebook, and many of them still look the same as when we were 15. And I don't feel a day over 23. 

Emelee, dear, I can only say that there are some wonderful people here who will help you a lot as they helped me. If I could have hugged them personally, I surely would!

You're still studying, maybe when you'll finish, you will find a good job and start living your life. And you're right, 30 is just a number!