Musicals

Inanna

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, it is indeed! I loved that film, despite really not being a fan of Bjork at all - she gave an excellent performance & the direction was superb.

Tiger wrote

I did not get the part as Nancy, but a stupid character called Ethel who only says 2 things.

sorry to hear that Tiger!! You will make agreat Ethel though, and we will be proud of you anyway!

:that:

That's not a completely bad thing Tiger, as you get to have a laugh and enjoy the production without the weight of the responsibility :lol:

Yeah, I suppose that it's also a good thing that I'm not Nancy as I would have been practicing tons and tons of lines over the school holidays.

thank you for making me feel better about it!

I went to see Miss Saigon at the Bristol Hippodrome on Wednesday (a pressie from my friend for my 40th birthday!). It was amazing. Such a fantastic show, with an excellent cast and the scenes and scene changes were awesome.

It was very, very sad in places, but such a great story. I'd totally recommend it!

Other musicals I've seen are:

Mamma Mia

The Phanton of the Opera

Grease (twice)

High Society

Loads of Gilbert and Sullivan Operettas

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Yikes, how can I reduce it to a simple list? Tell ya what, I'll list my favorite soundtracks!

Top Favorite Musical Soundtracks

*They're Playing Our Song

*Sweeney Todd

*Avenue Q

*A Little Night Music (London Cast version please)

*Pacific Overtures

*West Side Story

*Oliver!

*Chicago (1975 version with Gwen Verdon)

*On the Twentieth Century

*Guys and Dolls (likes mud, likes mud: can do, can do)

*Cabaret

*Camelot

....and to bring down the house, Defying Gravity from Wicked!

• 3 weeks later...
I'm going to be predictable and say Singin' In The Rain-you've got to love Gene Kelly!

Singin' in the Rain: That's my absolute favourite film, musical or not! I love it! I took some friends to see it on the big screen last year, and it was nerve wracking - I was so worried thay wouldn't like it. But it seems to be a truth universally acknowledged that any person who hates that film, must be in want of a soul :roll:

I also love Little Shop of Horrors, Cabaret, Evita, Oliver!, Gypsy, The Sound of Music (first time I watched it, I was 18. How was it possible to be 18 and not seen it??), Moulin Rouge!, and I am quite partial to a bit of Les Miserables... :blush:

I'm going to be predictable and say Singin' In The Rain-you've got to love Gene Kelly! I also love The Music Man.

I've a warm spot in my heart for The Music Man -- watching Hermione Gingold in the movie version spoofing Isadora Duncan and Ruth St. Denis (One Grecian Urn ... trickle, trickle, trickle) is just priceless!

I will always love Singing in the Rain -- it is brilliant on so many levels!

I will always love Singing in the Rain -- it is brilliant on so many levels!

It really is: so beautifully shot, so funny and just life affirming. I don't necessarily believe that the point of all films is to cheer you up, but that film has never failed me. I always save it for times when I'm feeling really low and watch it.

Would anyone else care to grab a brolly and go dancing in the street? :blush:

• 2 months later...