How do you post yours?

Esiotrot

It's been a while since I posted books out but I used to buy lightweight Jiffys from Macro and they worked out really cheap. When I first started I would wrap the book in plastic, in a strong envelope, but as time went on my natural laziness came through!

I usually post books in a jiffy and that's usually how I receive them too. Although I received a book last week from someone on a different board and it was just wrapped up in brown paper which had been doubled up. It arrived safely and it came from Holland.

Due to postagenow being calculated by size, I ditched the jiffy bags, as they made many books too thick to go through the size-checker. instead, I wrap the book in a plastic bag, then put it into an envelope. I then tape round all the edges so that no corners can poke through the envelope. The book is completely protected and I always get comments saying the books ar well-packaged.

If the book isn't too thick I recycle jiffy bags. Like Kell I keep some thick plastic bags and then maybe double them up. Kenny subscribes to a Dr Who magazine which comes in plain grey plastic so he opens that carefully and I can use it again, maybe put a bit of bubble wrap around first. Have received a book that was wrapped in a bit of a cardboard cereal box for protection inside brown paper. Mine are usually well taped up too....how people can actually open them I don't know....:)

Those plain grey plastic bags are excellent. Whenever we get a special delivery at work, I save those to use too - I just wrap them in an ordinary plastic shopping bag inside it for extra protection. :)

I used to use Jiffy bags too - then I wondered about the expense so stopped. I then recycled buggle wrap or whatever came to mind, they changed the way the post work so they were then always (as opposed to often) too thick.

Now I've got a stack of plain brown A4 envelopes. I just put one in, fold it down and put a bit of sellotape on it (I can't bear getting parcels that I can't open), I've had nothing but positive feedback so it must be ok

Plus it's kinder to the planet and that's the big thing at the minute isn't it?

When I sell copies of my own book direct to anyone via my own website I always use a jiffy bag - mine is quite a large book (336 pages) so unfortunately it is just that little bit too big to qualify as a small package. If one though wants to be seen as a professional then one has to act like one, it is not worth sending in sub standard packaging after all, as the book is likely to arrive damaged, costing me more in the long run, as I will then have to send a replacement.

• 8 months later...

Given the weather im wishing i wraped the book in cling film before I put it in the envlope:roll:

Someone on here (I'm sorry I can't remember who it was :lol:) had a great idea of putting the book in a resealable plastic bag before putting it in the envelope, that way they can't get wet. I think that's a brilliant idea!

Would it you still be a book posting virgin if you posted one to your self ???:lol:

I'm going to read into the innuendo there since you included the little blushing smiley. I'm even going to respond.

Technically, I would. Unless I engage in a completed postal-transaction with another person, I am in fact still a book-postal-virgin.