Linda Gillard

• 2 months later...
. It was not what I expected ... .

I know what you mean....was a bit surprised by bits!!....not quite finished it yet though...about half way.

• 5 months later...

I thought Emotional Geology was a really enjoyable read and instead of writing a review I've made a mind map, using Xmind, which can be viewed here (BEWARE! -SPOILERS are included) Unfortunately in the image you are unable to see my detailed notes - or should that be fortunately! :D

I have uploaded it as an image so that everyone can view it, but the Xmind software is really fun to play around with and if anyone wants a copy its free here

Hi LoopyLoo100

I was fascinated by your mind map! (I'm the author of EMOTIONAL GEOLOGY and have dropped in to BCF now & again.)

Looking at your map of EMO GEO I can see that this software could be brilliant for planning novels! It looks like a sane and efficient alternative to sheaves of tatty A4 littered with post-its. Thank you so much for alerting me to this free download. I shall tell my author friends about it.

(Now if anyone wants a real challenge, they could attempt a Mind Map of A LIFETIME BURNING. :D )

Happy New Year to everyone at BCF.

Looking at your map of EMO GEO I can see that this software could be brilliant for planning novels! It looks like a sane and efficient alternative to sheaves of tatty A4 littered with post-its. Thank you so much for alerting me to this free download. I shall tell my author friends about it.

(Now if anyone wants a real challenge, they could attempt a Mind Map of A LIFETIME BURNING. :D )

Hello :lol:

Yes I can certainly see it could be very useful in novel planning, I'm glad to be of use, and thanks for writing such a lovely novel and thanks to Michelle for sharing it.

I somehow think I'll just add A Lifetime Burning to my wishlist!:17:

It would be a shame not too :D and why not add Star Gazing whilst your at it :17:

I can certainly see that happening, but I'm trying to take things slowly. :lol: My TBR pile is a bit mad (for me!) as I'm not reading as much at the moment because there's too much I want to do (and have to do) and I've not been as much reading in.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've only read Emotional Geology so far but I absolutely loved it! :wub:Here is my review on it.

Chrissy ( :flowers2: ) sent me copies of A Lifetime Burning and Star Gazing so I have those on my TBR :smile2: I don't know when I'll get to reading them, it's going to be a erratic spring/summer, but hopefully it won't be too long!

• 1 year later...

It's nice to see the author getting more recognition.  I discovered her through another forum and have a few of her books, so far I've only read Cauldstane and The Glass Guardian, both of which I enjoyed, and I loved the settings too.

It's nice to see the author getting more recognition.  I discovered her through another forum and have a few of her books, so far I've only read Cauldstane and The Glass Guardian, both of which I enjoyed, and I loved the settings too.

Madeleine, Linda Gillard is a member here too, or used to be. I have had a couple of long conversations with her about two of her books I read. She is very natural and approachable and likes to get feedback.

It's always nice when you can "chat" to an author. 

I had that once with another author, Susanna Kearsley, on a different forum where I happened to mention I'd just read one of her books and she popped up and we also had a little "chat".

• 1 year later...

I have two of Gillard's novels on my TBR and I should really read them soon. I can't believe that I still haven't read them! It's because of my silly addiction to library reservations... That's going to change once I get a few bookcases and can put my books on the shelves and know where each book is.