Come Dine With Me

Mia

This is an entertaining programme. A group of people take it in turns to host dinner parties, and then give each other a score out of 10 for the food. Whoever gets the highest mark wins a cash prize.

The camera follows each person as they prepare their food and mostly muck things up. You get some really weird or horrible people on sometimes that you just love to hate! The thing that makes it is the brilliantly sarcastic commentary - I think the guy who does it is called Dave Lamb. He really is hilarious, especially about the stuck-up or nasty ones.

This used to be on around 5pm, but it's been "promoted" to 8pm tonight on Channel 4. They had a celebrity special last week, but I think it's back to "normal" :readingtwo: people tonight! I definitely recommend it.

I totally agree, Nici. I watched it tonight and it wasn't as good as when it ran over five days, with each contestant given a whole show. You got to see all the shopping and preparation, and it was much more entertaining. It all seems very rushed now it's four people crammed into one hour (with advert breaks!). I do think they have spoilt it a bit with this format.

Re tonight's show - I thought Rebecca deserved to win as she seemed to be the one who did the most actual cooking! That Brenda came across as a really nasty piece of work and I'm glad she didn't win.

That was gross, when the first guy spilt the wine and said that if there hadn't been guests there, he and his flatmates would have been licking it up from the floor!! And I think he was serious. Ewww.

Last night's programme was good. There's always one horrible person who you'd love to slap, isn't there?! Last night it was that snobby woman who fancied herself as a gourmet cook. I thought she was incredibly rude, snooping in Vera's bedroom like that - she even opened drawers and took out her underwear!! :) I'm glad she didn't win.

Vera was a bit of a strange one, though. Her Alan Sugar "joke" was bizarre, pointless and extremely unfunny. You could almost hear the tumbleweed blowing past as the rest of them looked on in embarrassment!! Excruciating.

• 1 year later...
Not sure if it was yesterday but a guy it wasn't his own apartment. It was his friends and his freinds helped him cook that cheating in my view.

This one was a while back i think a lady was giving low scores just so she could win. I see Raven said it unless it another lady doing the same thing.

Yes, that was the same set of people I saw.

I felt sorry for the girl who was cooking the final meal; she seemed to be enjoying the whole thing immensely - and had put a lot of effort in - only to have two of the guests start taking pops at each other.

Anyone watching this at the mo on channel 4. Eating sushi off a hairy bloke. *gag*

Just switched TV on...flippin adverts at the mo....

oow oow haven't seen this one, i love this programme

Edited by ELQ