Have you read a book more than once?

Inver

I got My Booky Wook by Russell Brand last Christmas and had read it by Boxing Day; I thought it was brilliant! In the summer, I was looking for a book to take on holiday, and I saw it at the back of my bookshelf, so it took it and read it, and id forgotten how brilliant it was! Im now reading it again- im sure I will finish it by the weekend :D

Oh my goodness I fancied this book but never just got around to getting it :P I'm definately gonna get it now though! :17:

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really do! Its excellent :D

I was in a friends house today and we were chatting about books. :17:

I mentioned that I was gonna try and get My Booky Wook and he said he had it and was finished with it and I could borrow it! :P

So its on my TBR list! :D

I often re-read books! like

"The portrait of Dorian Gray" - Wilde

"To the Lighthouse" - Virginia Wolf

"Mrs. Dalloway" - Wolf

and many many other books.

I've read this books only in Italian :welcome: and I'm sorry of that because i think that it's terrible if you can't read also in the original language (.."lost in translation"!!)

• 2 weeks later...

I reread many books. Especially if I get a reader's block, I often go back to an old favorite or something from my childhood. I've read Lois Lowry's Anastasia series so many times I cannot count them. I also read Bridget Jones's two diaries every now and then and they always, always keep surprising me and make me laugh. Oooh and Harry Potter -series of course!

Nowadays there are so many books on my TBR that I haven't done any rereading for what seems like ages. And the TBR is getting longer and longer every time I'm here on BCF... :)

I`ve read The Lord Of The Rings a dozen or so times, The Hobbit three or four,

Gormenghast all three once and first two three times.

Pride and Prejudice twice

Plague dogs three times

Three men in a boat twice, {although I read bits of it now and again}

can`t think of any more offhand but I like to re read books I really like.

I only keep books if I love them or really like them, the rest get passed on or given to charity shops

Bonnie

Nowadays there are so many books on my TBR that I haven't done any rereading for what seems like ages. And the TBR is getting longer and longer every time I'm here on BCF... :D

Ha ha! I`m with you on this Frankie, I think my re reading days may be over for a while :)

Bonnie

Edited by Michelle
merged

LOTS! I actually re-read more than I read new. I'm a very picky reader, in what I enjoy... and knowing how the story ends never ruins a story for me. Sooo... I re-read my favorites all the time!

The one I've read the most? That's got to be The Mage's Daughter, by Lynn Kurland. It's only been out a year, and I think I'm up to about 11 reads.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently reading Kane and Abel by Jeffrey Archer for the third time. That book holds a certain sentimental value to me because it was the first book my dad gave me to read when I announced I was getting bored of reading preteen books when I was about 12.

I've re-read the Harry Potter series a few times too. I'm sure there are others but I can't think.

Several... My favourite books are in permanent circulation; I will eventually get around to reading them all again, and then the cycle will repeat itself. I think what Jeri Johnson said of Ulysses can be said of a number of books: "You can finish it, but you can never finish with it." In fact, I would go further. Any book not worth re-reading is, in my opinion, not worth reading.

In fact, I would go further. Any book not worth re-reading is, in my opinion, not worth reading.

Well, there are two answers I'd give to that - first, and perhaps most obviously, you'll never know if a books worth re-reading if you don't read it once, so it's impossible to make that call before you begin to read.

And, secondly, sometimes I read for blithe, trite, fun entertainment, and then everything's really about the plot, and then a book generally isn't worth reading a second time.

I'm currently reading Kane and Abel by Jeffrey Archer for the third time. That book holds a certain sentimental value to me because it was the first book my dad gave me to read when I announced I was getting bored of reading preteen books when I was about 12.

I've re-read the Harry Potter series a few times too. I'm sure there are others but I can't think.

I've read Harry Potter several times, too :lol:

And Kane and Abel is such a great book, I'll probably read it one more time.

I've read Twilight by Stephenie Meyer twice, Miles Vorkosigan novels by L.M.Bujold several times, and Artemis Fowl books.. Mort by Terry Pratchett, romance novels by Susan Elizabeth Phillips, The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exup

well i usually read my books more then twice,so i get most out of it

but i reed 100years of solidarity for 4time,cause all the names in the book were so like eachother that i mixed up in the middle,i dont know why gabriel choose all the names so close that reader mixes up,so you have to go throu pages to find who this guy is that you are curently

and i read chancellors love by dumas and catherine the great more then twice,ah i forgot lord of alamut by some guy called paul amir

Edited by Michelle
posts merged

When I am particualrly stress or tired I retreat back into the books I loved as child. Partly becuase they are easy to read, but also they remind me of the joy I had of escaping into them, curled up in my bedroom.

Me too!

It's CS Lewis, and Tamora Pierce for me. Plus my second childhood with JK Rowling!

• 2 weeks later...

The one I've read the most? That's got to be The Mage's Daughter, by Lynn Kurland. It's only been out a year, and I think I'm up to about 11 reads.

Wow, you love it that much, Kathleen? I looked up the synopsis on Barnes and Noble, and it sounds like the perfect one to usher myself into this genre. I might pass it to my fantasy-loving friend at Bible school here, too.

I usually only find myself re-reading when I'm supposed to be organizing whatever area my books are in. That has happened quite often with packing books up for school and moving back home for breaks! Certain intimate books, like The Atonement Child and pretty much anything by Francine Rivers, make me recall scenes that I flip through the book to find and enjoy again. Exciting adventure books like The Zion Chronicles series by Bodie and Brock Thoene have the same specific-part effect.