Have you read a book more than once?

Inver

I often read books twice. If the plot is very interesting,and there are layers that merit more attention, I'll read through once, quite quickly, just to see what happens. I'll then read the book a second time, much more slowly, catching all the little details I missed the first time round. That, and the fact that I read quite slowly, is probably the reason that my monthly reading list always looks pathetically short. :D

There are several books that I've read many times, just because I love them so much, including East of Eden, Wuthering Heights, The Never-ending Story, House of the Spirits and the His Dark Materials Trilogy.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charles Dickens 'A Christmas Carol' .. I read it every December (thankfully it's short).

Jane Austen's 'Pride & Prejudice' .. I've read this a couple of times and listened to it being read lots.

The Harry Potter books .. read them all once but Steven Fry has been constantly re-reading them to me ever since .. and very good he is too :)

The Harry Potter books .. read them all once but Steven Fry has been constantly re-reading them to me ever since .. and very good he is too :)
I know, he's so awesome! It is my not-so-closet dream to hear him, one day, read my books to the nation... :)!

With the amount of reading and reviewing I do for my job and for fun it's quite difficult to find the time for re-reading books! I have re-read 'The Grapes of Wrath', 'The Great Gatsby' and 'Moby Dick' this year so far but with 200+ books waiting to be read the heat is on. But some books just so deserve to be read twice at least :D

I re~read 'The Twilight Saga' this year.

Ralph's Party by Lisa Jewell

The Shining by Stephen King

Salem's lot by Stephen King

Weaveworld by Clive Barker

I am sure there is more but I can't think of them :D

I've re-read The Lord Of The Rings about four times I think. War and Peace I read twice (so re-read once). But there is so much good stuff to read out there that I can't find the time to re-read books. Although I do think that re-reading does help you get a deeper understanding of the book and thus enjoy it even more.

I've read "Much Ado About Nothing" countless times. I just can't get enough of Beatrice and Benedick's banter! I've re-read PG Wodehouse's "Jeeves and Wooster" books and his "Blandings Castle" stories often. "Pride and Prejudice" is also a favorite of mine. I've read it quite a few times.

I think I may re-read Salem's Lot coming up to Christmas, as it's arguably the book that got me back into reading last December, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I think there is something wrong with me. I really didn't enjoy Salem's Lot. It really let me down :lol:

I've re-read books in the past but this year I haven't, there are too many other books I want to get through on my TBR list. I have marked a few along the way that I would like to read again maybe at the end of the year.

I'ved read Hiedik about 3 times and bought it again to read as I haven't read it since I was young. Another book I read a few times was Wuthering Heights never could understand that story maybe I was too young. I watched the video with Cliff Richard and really enjoyed it.

I think there is something wrong with me. I really didn't enjoy Salem's Lot. It really let me down :lol:

That's terrible :D

I've also read Wuthering Heights a few times, because I studied it in both high school and uni, but I know it so well at this stage I usually pick sections and read those instead :friends0:

Aren't they great? :lol: I have read them more than once.
I've lost count of the times I've read "Hitchhiker's", which is probably why I'm having to replace my poor bedraggled books with a snazzy (and hopefully sturdy) leather collector's edition of the whole thing. Hurry up, postie :D!!

I've read "Much Ado About Nothing" countless times. I just can't get enough of Beatrice and Benedick's banter! I've re-read PG Wodehouse's "Jeeves and Wooster" books and his "Blandings Castle" stories often. "Pride and Prejudice" is also a favorite of mine. I've read it quite a few times.

I've just re-read Wodehouse's 'Heavy Weather' lol .. guaranteed to cheer you up anytime

Aren't they great? :) I have read them more than once.

I have never read a book i have laughed so much at. The humor is right up my street. Problem is, me and my OH, seem to be reasoning and quoting and joking like him at the moment! :):D

I've lost count of the times I've read "Hitchhiker's", which is probably why I'm having to replace my poor bedraggled books with a snazzy (and hopefully sturdy) leather collector's edition of the whole thing. Hurry up, postie :motz:!!

I bet your going to sit, hold and just look at it when you get it, aren't you? :lol: