Dexter

Mia

We are so far behind here. :( We haven't even seen the beginning of season 6. I think it's out on DVD already, so maybe I should start investing and give up on waiting for it on TV.

I think over here they are showing the newest season, never before seen in Finland, and it's season 4 :rolleyes: Although I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's where we are. I missed season 3 when I was in Australia, so I'm hoping theyll start the reruns from season 1 and go on from there. I've only seen the first two seasons :censored:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I've just ordered season six, so looking forward to watching it. It has now arrived and I will watch it soon.

Some of the Physical interactions between characters, are wrong.

Edited by dex

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I too am a Dexterette, my lovely son has pre-ordered series 7 for me as part of my Mothers Day pressie. Very excited, brilliant cliffhanger at the end of series six.

Few things in life beat a rainy weekend, a Dexter box set and a cup of tea.

I've even got a Dexter hoodie.

When I set about the slugs and snails with the secateurs we call it Dextering. I'm sure he would approve. :D

I'm sure he will as he has more characters to write about. He didn't feel the need to kill them off.

My favourites T.V. wise are 1, 4, 5, 3, There were things wrong with 2 and 6 for me. The use of the Lila character in series 2, she didn't really add to the plot and I thought Jamie Murray was good but ,she should have been darker. I felt the final twist was poor.

Series 3 had a better use of The Darker Passenger, than Jeff's book did for me,

It existed but it remained hidden for a final twist.

Series 6 had way too many Interaction Issues between characters for me.

Edited by dex

• 2 months later...

Series 7 is on the way! Dexter-Thon.

I really liked this series :D , I watched it all on saturday, I liked Ray Stevenson who I first saw in James Nesbitt's Murphy's Law and Yvonne Strahovski who I haven't seen before. (She was in The iller Elite, apparently.) 4/5

Edited by dex

Anyone watch the first episode of season eight? I thought it was great. That neuropsychiatrist Evelyn Vogel is sure something eh? I'm fascinated to see where that angle goes. Well, in fairness where the whole season goes.. I have a funny feeling they're not going to disappoint with this final season and I thought the opener was a solid episode.

Yes, I watched the opener and thought it was excellent. I recently watched seasons 6 and 7 in one go to catch up to the rest of the world, and I had a fabulous time. What a couple of mind-blowing seasons! I can't wait to see how it all ends.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having recently read my first Dexter novel I found underwhelmed by the original penmanship of the writer.

Somehow the series have much more fun and mystery than the 1st novel did for me.

And as many great shows I do occasionaly take a break from them otherwise I become far too critical to enjoy the show.

I will watch the last two Dexter series when I really feel like it.

• 2 years later...

Bump.

I know Kylie and Frankie are currently watching this through, and the girlfriend and I have just finished season two (her for the first time--I've already seen the whole eight seasons) so I thought I'd give this a nudge up the boards.  Wouldn't mind discussing the episodes with you guys again as you finish them. We've been watching quite slow so I imagine it won't take long for you to both catch up!

I didn't remember that the first season only has 12 episodes. I was waiting for the usual 24! :D:( :( Meaning, I've only just realized that I'm nearing the end of the first season and have only 3 episodes to watch!  :banghead:  :banghead:  I was hoping for more! :D 

I've reserved a copy of the 2nd and 3rd season from the library but I might have to wait a while for them. Had I known there were only 12 episodes, I would've reserved them earlier and so wouldn't have to wait... I'm so irked!! 

I think there's 12 episodes in each season actually, but that could be wrong so don't take my word on it without checking. *laughs* It's a shame that you didn't realise though - I hate it when things like that happen and you're left waiting. I do hope you manage to get seasons two and three quickly. :(

Have you finished them now? How did you find season one? I actually really liked the season overall, thought it was done very well. Some of the twists were a bit obvious, but some of the others not so much:

For instance I had Rudy pegged as soon as he walked on screen and was kind of making the brother connection to Dexter, but I thought there was some nice touches to the season too. The fact that Angel had actually split up with his wife was neat--definitely didn't see that one coming.

I think there's 12 episodes in each season actually, but that could be wrong so don't take my word on it without checking. *laughs* It's a shame that you didn't realise though - I hate it when things like that happen and you're left waiting. I do hope you manage to get seasons two and three quickly. :(

I checked the second season and that too has 12 episodes, so I think it's fair to assume that so do the rest of the seasons. Better to know at this point!

The next two seasons are on their way to me, so very happy about that!! :smile2: There aren't many reservations for season 4, either, so should be able to get it easily when I need it, and I have the DVD set of season 5. After that it might become trickier as the later seasons have more reservations.

Have you finished them now? How did you find season one? I actually really liked the season overall, thought it was done very well.

I finished the first season yesterday, and I loved it :smile2: So much better and more clever than I remembered. I've watched it twice before, but it hasn't gotten old or dated. There were things I didn't remember from the previous times I watched it :D Like,

I didn't remember La Guerta had the hots for Dexter, and I didn't remember Angel finding that one lead and getting stabbed. 

Edited by frankie

Yes, all of the seasons definitely have 12 episodes. :)

I've just finished episode 7 of season 1. I've had a bit on my plate for the past few days, but I'm slowly catching up!

I love the look on Dexter's face at the end of episode 7 when he realises

that the guy they've just sent to jail isn't the ice truck killer. He walks into the room where Dexter's sitting, Dexter says 'hi' and the guy goes 'who the fudge are you'? Dexter's smile is awesome.

Phew! Had a binge session and watched 7 episodes in one go. I've now caught up to you, Sari. :) I'll wait until you get season 2 before I start mine. :) I'm pretty sure I hadn't seen most of the second half of season 1, but I could be wrong. A lot of it was unfamiliar to me, although I knew the basic plot.

Yes, all of the seasons definitely have 12 episodes. :)

I've just finished episode 7 of season 1. I've had a bit on my plate for the past few days, but I'm slowly catching up!

I love the look on Dexter's face at the end of episode 7 when he realises

that the guy they've just sent to jail isn't the ice truck killer. He walks into the room where Dexter's sitting, Dexter says 'hi' and the guy goes 'who the fudge are you'? Dexter's smile is awesome.

I loved the exact same thing!!!! :D I thought I should really write about it on the thread, but then I got lazy :blush: It was sooooo good!!! :D

I don't usually like it when characters look into the camera, but with Dexter I don't mind. I liked it in the first episode, then he did it again at some point, the second time, and that one I wasn't too keen on. But the third time, the scene you described, it was PRICELESS :D 

What do you guys think about

Doakes and Deb? Could it, should it? I'm a big big fan of both, and I loved the scene where Deb is having dinner with Doakes's family. And she then asked him to come and see Tucci at the hospital, I'm not sure why.... I don't know if she was interested. Doakes said he wouldn't, but then he did turn up and he seemed disappointed that Deb was with Rudy. And later when Deb was really mad at Rudy, and Doakes asked her if he'd like to join him and the guys for a drink, but then Rudy shows up.... Awwww :wub: Poor Doakes! I just have the hots for him :wub: 

Phew! Had a binge session and watched 7 episodes in one go. I've now caught up to you, Sari. :) I'll wait until you get season 2 before I start mine. :) I'm pretty sure I hadn't seen most of the second half of season 1, but I could be wrong. A lot of it was unfamiliar to me, although I knew the basic plot.

Yay for binging and catching up! :D And thanks for waiting for me!!  :flowers2:   I'm just back from the library and now have the 2nd and 3rd season. And I'm dying to start. Can I start?!? Should I wait till you say yes? :blush: 

I love it when Dexter looks at the camera too. :) I love, love, love the opening credits for Dexter. They're so well done, I think, and I love that it ends with Dexter leaving his apartment and he sort of looks slyly at the camera and gives a little smile. I have a huge crush on Michael C Hall.  :wub:

Re your second spoiler:

I think the Doakes and Deb thing is totally one-sided. I think Deb is just being friendly towards Doakes and he's perhaps taking it the wrong way or at least he wants there to be something more.

I also loved the scene where Deb had dinner with Doakes's family. :D She's so funny! But I can't believe you have a crush on Doakes! He's soooo mean to Dexter! I like their interactions though, when Doakes says something mean to Dexter and then Dexter responds. I also loved how, in one early episode, Dexter pointed out how strange it was that, in a building full of cops, Doakes is the only one who thinks Dexter is weird. :D

I'm just back from the library and now have the 2nd and 3rd season. And I'm dying to start. Can I start?!? Should I wait till you say yes? :blush:

I just saw on the other thread that you've finished the first episode. Only I read it as 'final' episode and I was, like, 'What?! She's already finished the whole season?!' :D I'm glad you've already started because it means I don't have to wait any longer for you. :)

I love it when Dexter looks at the camera too. I love, love, love the opening credits for Dexter. They're so well done, I think, and I love that it ends with Dexter leaving his apartment and he sort of looks slyly at the camera and gives a little smile. I have a huge crush on Michael C Hall.  

:D The credits are great. I remember when I saw them the first time and was completely fooled :D So clever! But nowadays, even though they are clever, I skip them every time because they are such LONG credits and I want to get to the actual episode!! :lol: Have you watched Six Feet Under

In my opinion, Michael C. Hall is really great, and he is the epitome of Dexter, perfectly cast! But oddly he's one of the actors/he plays one of the characters I don't have a crush on on the show :D  (Although now that I think about it, I only fancy Doakes and Deb so that's not very slutty, is it... :giggle2: Only two! ) 

Re your second spoiler:

I think the Doakes and Deb thing is totally one-sided. I think Deb is just being friendly towards Doakes and he's perhaps taking it the wrong way or at least he wants there to be something more.

Yeah I guess she was only being friendly. But it could've led to something if he'd been given a chance! :wub: Doakes is the sh!t!!

I also loved the scene where Deb had dinner with Doakes's family. She's so funny! But I can't believe you have a crush on Doakes! He's soooo mean to Dexter! I like their interactions though, when Doakes says something mean to Dexter and then Dexter responds. I also loved how, in one early episode, Dexter pointed out how strange it was that, in a building full of cops, Doakes is the only one who thinks Dexter is weird. 

He's mean to Dexter because he thinks he's a psychopath, and we all know that Dexter is one!!!! :D  He's the only one with some real insight. And he gets crap for it. Poor Doakes :D

Yep, Dexter was giving him some due credit. That's what other people should do, too :P:lol:

I love how Jennifer Carpenter plays Deb. I've said that before, but I'm not ever going to tire of tooting her horn :D She's such a master of doing the 'I'm trying to be tough but you can see how vulnerable I really am'. 

I loved the dancing scene in the Dade City episode, with Deb and a certain other :D Deb can dance!! 

I just saw on the other thread that you've finished the first episode. Only I read it as 'final' episode and I was, like, 'What?! She's already finished the whole season?!'  I'm glad you've already started because it means I don't have to wait any longer for you. 

:lol: Yeah, 12 episodes in a few hours! Yay, I'm glad you approve and now you can start, too! :)

It's weird how I can remember some parts of the plot of season 2 quite clearly, but can't remember other parts at all. And I keep getting the order of events completely messed up. I remember the Bay Harbor Butcher storyline well enough (upcoming spoiler relates to the first episode of season 2):

(well, mostly the part about the bodies being discovered)

but I thought it came much later in the series! The same thing with Lundy. I thought he'd appear in another couple of seasons. And I can remember something important about Lundy's storyline, but I think there's something else quite important that I'm forgetting. I'm so confused! :D I should stop trying to think about it.

And I had completely forgotten about the Haitian woman who comes in as LaGuerta's boss.

OK, I have some questions about the flashbacks we've seen so far of when Harry found Dexter. Occasionally I've only been half paying attention, so I'm not sure if I've missed something...

Do we ever find out (or have we already found out) how Dexter's mother came to be in the shipping container and who killed her? It seems logical that Dexter would go after his mother's killer at some point (if he was never caught), but I can't remember whether that happens or not. Do we find out the full story?

Edit: Just as I submitted my post, I was watching the end of episode 2 and Brian's hand came out of the water to grab Dexter. I nearly jumped out of my skin! :D