Pushing Daisies

Mia

I was looking forward to this, but I can't say I was that impressed. In fact, I found most of it very annoying, from the voiceover to the thing about words being repeated all the time (eg, Coeur de Coeurs, Boutique Travel Travel Boutique, the Darling Mermaid Darlings or whatever they were called :lol: ), to the way everyone who was introduced was given their age in years, months, days and hours. Gah. ****** annoying.

None of the characters came across as that likeable either. The only bit I enjoyed was where

the "dead" aunt suddenly appeared and blasted the murderer through the window with a shotgun, quipping that she could hold her breath for a long time!

The rest was just dull.

At the moment, I doubt I'll be watching episode two. Does it get more interesting and less annoying?

It does get less annoying, Mia. I love the quirkiness of the show - it won't be back until the fall so I hope they repeat episodes soon

It seems like if you want to see the second episode of this series you will have to wait until the whole series is repeated as ITV are skipping episode two and moving straight on to episode three....because of football.

Full story here.

PS. Sorry for the double post.

Oh for goodness sake, that's ****** ridiculous. ;) Why bother buying a series and then decide not to show certain episodes? Absolute idiots. :readingtwo: It brings to mind Channel 4's appalling treatment of Angel. That's it then, I won't be bothering with any more of this programme. What's the point when it's being mucked around like this? Life's too short to try and get into an incomplete series!

Well it's only the second episode that will be missing. If you read the story it was the only one that they could skip without affecting the overall storyline and it will be shown when the series is repeated.

I enjoyed it. I will be watching more. (Good to see Anna Friel doing well too, go the brits!!)

I read the write-up about this in the Sky mag, and thought I might enjoy it. Unfortunately, I felt that it did not live up to the hype surrounding it.

I, too, found the voice-over fairly irritating, and although it's likely I'll watch the remainder of the series (hubby enjoyed it), I wouldn't bother recording it if I was out.

I enjoyed it, it reminded me of Dr Seuss! and I thought the narrator was great (Jim Dale), despite the subject, it was very quirky and sweet.:readingtwo:

I'm in two minds whether to continue watching this show...I probably will watch it, but I've a good mind not to just out of spite. I hate it when television stations muck about with their schedules, especially in order to make room for sport. Surely they could find a spare hour somewhere in their schedules to fit in all episodes.

Well it's only the second episode that will be missing. If you read the story it was the only one that they could skip without affecting the overall storyline and it will be shown when the series is repeated.

Yes, I did read the story, but I don't believe their reasoning. I don't accept that you can miss out an entire episode without it affecting the storyline somehow. Otherwise, what was the point of making that episode?

I hate it when television stations muck about with their schedules, especially in order to make room for sport. Surely they could find a spare hour somewhere in their schedules to fit in all episodes.

Exactly, Karen! Why couldn't they just do a double bill for one week? And why does everyone have to fit around :readingtwo: sport? (It's going to be great this summer, with Euro 2008 and the Olympics. ;) )

I'm in two minds whether to continue watching this show...I probably will watch it, but I've a good mind not to just out of spite. I hate it when television stations muck about with their schedules, especially in order to make room for sport. Surely they could find a spare hour somewhere in their schedules to fit in all episodes.

Rather than hurting the shows chances of being shown again/season 2 why not write to the station and voice your opinion. seems a shame to miss a good tv show out of spite

Looks like it could be bad news for Pushing Daisies anyway. According to Wikipeidia, due to the writers' strike, only 9 episodes of the promised 22 were made, which could mean that the show is "in the bubble". Although season 2 is slated for Fall 2008, it may not happen at all - 9 episodes may be all you get of it.

The same thing hapened to Drive (excellent series starring Nathan Fillian). It got cancelled after just 6 episodes.

Rather than hurting the shows chances of being shown again/season 2 why not write to the station and voice your opinion. seems a shame to miss a good tv show out of spite

Emailing or writing to television stations is just a waste of time as they don't do anything about it anyway and just send out the same bog-standard letter/email to everyone.

Looks like it could be bad news for Pushing Daisies anyway. According to Wikipeidia, due to the writers' strike, only 9 episodes of the promised 22 were made, which could mean that the show is "in the bubble". Although season 2 is slated for Fall 2008, it may not happen at all - 9 episodes may be all you get of it.

As far as I'm aware the show will definitely be returning for a second season and the reason why they didn't make any more episodes for Season 1 after the writers strike had ended was because of the shows high production - ie the special effects etc.

I have to say that even though I watched the second (or third episode should I say) last weekend I wasn't all that impressed. Don't get me wrong I did enjoy it but I'm finding the narration part of it extremely annoying.

The second episode to air picked up 4.7 million viewers which is a great figure, but it lost a million from the week before which isn't so good.

Emailing or writing to television stations is just a waste of time as they don't do anything about it anyway and just send out the same bog-standard letter/email to everyone.

tell that to jericho fans.

There have been plenty of shows that have been given sa reprieve due to fan intervention. Stargate SG1 wasn't cancelled when originally planned, and Farscape got the parting shot of Peacekeeper Wars, instead of finishing abruptlly with no hope of ever finding out what happened after the end of season 4.

Yeah but we're not talking about giving Pushing Daisies a reprieve, it's already been renewed.

What I was trying to say was that the chances of a UK channel changing their minds over their decision to miss out an episode is very unlikely. Especially when the episode in question has been dropped because of football, because let's face it, as much as I hate to say it, the football will probably pull in more viewers!

• 4 weeks later...