The Apprentice

LucyD

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scary bunch of women though, was that Mortitia Adams who was an inch away from the sack:lol:

LOL, they really can't run the proverbial in the brewery can they? They all come on with their "impressive" CVs, talk a load of junk - pose like whatshername in Devil wears Prada and can't clean cars properly. AND, they are so happy to be "within budget" which was their ultimate downfall. I think the lass that went was probably the right choice as she should have said something about the spending.

LUV IT. Bring it on.......:lol:

Edited by SueK

They were an odd bunch, weren't they!? LOL I was quite happy to see Anita kicked out, I couldn't have watched her miserable face every week!

I don't like Mona (was that her name) who was supposed to be their leader - she was very quick to dump the other one in it, who called her colleagues 'puppets' - not to be trusted at all!

Hooked already!!

I definitely think Anita was the best choice to go.

I also liked her leaving speech....."In 10 years time Sir Alan will be wondering if he made a big mistake letting me go" or something like that. Is she having a laugh???!!!!! haa!! :lol:

Hooked already!!

I definitely think Anita was the best choice to go.

I also liked her leaving speech....."In 10 years time Sir Alan will be wondering if he made a big mistake letting me go" or something like that. Is she having a laugh???!!!!! haa!! :lol:

You've gotta love their audacity eh?:blush:

I thought it was the wrong decision, but I guess if Anita hadn't gone last night it would only have been postponing the inevitable, as she wasn't ruthless enough to do well.

I thought she was a bit of a scapegoat, as she was told only to give a total spend, which she did. Okay, she didn't use her initiative and point out they should be spending less, but no-one else did either (I think there was one lone voice who quietly said that, but she was ignored). She seemed to be fired purely because she said "Well done girls for coming in under budget"!

Debra was a liar - she denied saying the "puppets" thing when she clearly did. I don't like liars, but Sralan obviously doesn't mind them because he didn't punish that guy last year who lied on his CV (didn't he win?).

Mona was useless as a leader. Whenever Sralan mentioned a business plan she looked bewildered and changed the subject - she obviously didn't know what he was talking about! :lol:

I would have preferred Debra or Mona to go.

The man that quitted in my view he was quiet silly to do the night before. If he said it in plently of time they could of get another man on.

He didn't quit the night before - it was reported a few weeks ago that he wouldn't be going ahead. However, this is all filmed months and months ago - I expect 'The Apprentice' is already in his/her new role - he has to trial them actually working (the final two, I believe) before he makes his decision.

I think if Anita hadn't gone this week then it wouldn't be long before she did - she seemed to wishy-washy to get through it.

ETA:

Interviews and Grand Finale

When only four candidates remain (or five in later series), they undergo individual interviews, resulting in the selection of two finalists.[25] These two proceed to the Grand Finale and perform one last task with teams chosen from the previously fired contestants, after which one is told, "You're hired!", and wins the highly-paid executive job working with Sugar.[20]

In fact, two versions of the final boardroom sequence are filmed — showing each of the finalists winning. Between filming and transmission — a period of about six months — both finalists work for Sir Alan in temporary jobs. Sir Alan does not reveal his decision about who he is going to hire until shortly before transmission, and this determines which ending is shown. The BBC has issued contradictory statements about the decision procedure. The first version of events is that Sir Alan makes his decision on the day that the final boardroom sequence is filmed, based on the contestants' performance in the final task, and keeps it secret until just before transmission.[26] The second version is that Sir Alan decides after the six-month trial period.[27] Former contestant Saira Khan also stated that "His final decision is not based on the programme that people see. His final decision is based on these two people [who] have been working with him for the six months."[28]

Edited by Janet

They were an odd bunch, weren't they!? LOL I was quite happy to see Anita kicked out, I couldn't have watched her miserable face every week!

Funny you should say that - she reminded me of Edvard Munch's Scream painting.

I swear my tv breathed a sigh of relief when she got fired!

Funny you should say that - she reminded me of Edvard Munch's Scream painting.

I swear my tv breathed a sigh of relief when she got fired!

hahaha!

I thought it was the same kinda bunch as i expected. Some really irritate me, some i wonder how the hell they got accepted and others i have no idea of yet. Sugar is brilliant as always.

What does everyone think of Siralan's choice tonight?

I'm unsure.....really don't like that James character. He's so gobby! I'm really liking Philip though. Maybe I'm a bit biased as he's a Northern boy :friends0:

Tonight's episode was too funny!! Togas!!

I agree about James, I don`t like him and was hoping he`d go. They didn`t look good in the togas did they - they all looked so uncomfortable, it was a laugh though. :friends0:

I was surprised that they didn't fire James. I like Howard, and am glad he survived. I also thought he was right that Rocky picked the wrong two to take into the boardroom.

I do NOT like Phil(?) - the one who is always undermining the team leader. He is full of problems, but no solutions.

I was almost disappointed that the girls won as I would have loved to see Yasmina explain why she used Asda smartprice items when the company wanted high quality ingredients.:friends0:

Oh - that James, what a t***er :hug:

Was James the one who got told off for banging the table? I didn't like him. I thought they were all useless last night! I think Rocky deserved to go really, because he mucked it up despite having a chain of sandwich shops, so what hope was there for the others?