The Apprentice

LucyD

Thing is though, two of those are brands you are already very familiar with.

As to the third; you can't remember the name :welcome2:

Yes, but that's because I saw it once and hated it so much I've never watched it again!

WHY is Michael still there?

Although the Atishu ad was awful they did get the point across - especially the anti-bacterial element which Raef's team didnt mention at all.

Yes, you're right that they didn't mention the antibacterial element, which they should have done. But I still liked their advert the best!

And I really don't know why Michael is still there. He really annoyed me last night: "All the good things are down to me, and all the bad things are Raef's fault"!! Unbelieveable!

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admittedly I only saw the last ten minutes of last night's episode, but...

Can't believe Michael has lasted ANOTHER week!

Glad to see that Siralan is wising up to Claire - he pulled her last night on why she doesn't intervene when she supposedly sees things going wrong.

Looking forward to the repeat on sunday:)

I couldn't believe Raef went either (Sorry I'm late! I watched it on iPlayer yesterday to catch up...) I actually thought Michael would go but he keeps begging and getting away with it. I think Michael, Alex and Helene should all go really.

But my mother read in the newspaper that (

)there are 4 people in the final, as opposed to the usual two. Which you can work out seeing as there's only 3 or 4 episodes left and 6 candidates at the moment...

Hmmm.

I am gutted!! The last episode is the day after I go on holiday to Spain.

The same thing happened last year and I was determined to stay away from the newspapers so I could watch it on Sky Plus when I got home. Unfortunatly the day after the final I couldnt help but notice the huge pictures on the front of the paper.

I read in the Daily Mail about a Lady who downloaded an episode of The Apprentice on iplayer while abroad and it cost her almost £5000, so wont be trying that LOL!

If Michael doesn't go tonight there is no justice.

What a dickhead. And that's the censored version - you should hear what my hubby called him! :D

Although, listening to Suralan, I think Helene might be in for it.

ETA - hurrah!

Edited by Janet

Yay! Finally Michael has gone! About time too. I don't understand why Sralan had a soft spot for him. And to excuse him because he's young - as Helene pointed out, why should that be a reason to keep him in?

Helene had a narrow escape, as she was useless too. I think Sralan should make her a team leader next week so she can show if she's capable of anything decent.

Don't know about Lucinda. I felt sorry for her over the raffle tickets (they were her idea that Alex took the credit for, weren't they?), then she did all that work buying and perforating them and then chose not to sell any! :D But she was very annoying - she wanted to be told every little thing. For goodness' sake, use some initiative and just have a go!

I quite like Claire, but I don't like Lee or Alex and I think one of them (probably Lee) will win.

TF he's gone. But I did want to see that smug pretty-boy get shafted. I hate the way Lee treats Lucinda now he has Alex to play with.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Claire is growing on me. Eeep!

I can't believe I'm saying this but Claire is growing on me. Eeep!

She's grown on me too! I think she's actually been listening to Suralan's critique and taking on board what he's been saying. I wouldn't be surprised if she went on to the final... and even won. :D

I quite like Claire now too! In fact, she's probably my favourite. She's good at selling and nicer than Lee (I think - she hasn't been in Lucinda's team for a while so I don't know if she would return to being a bully).

I quite like Claire now too! In fact, she's probably my favourite. She's good at selling and nicer than Lee (I think - she hasn't been in Lucinda's team for a while so I don't know if she would return to being a bully).

At least she didn't discriminate with her bullying. Every team leader was up for getting some off her :D

We're just watching last night's episode, and I'm getting quite cross! Those guys weren't conducting an interview, they were just being bullies, and trying to rile them up! We didn't hear anything about their strengths, weaknesses,experience etc.

Waiting to see who's in the final..

The interviewers were quite bullying, but they did manage to cut through the competitors' waffle and make them tell the truth! A prime example (which I found hilarious, as I don't like Lee) was his lying on his CV, where a four-month stint at college became a full two years! :lol: I also enjoyed the interviewer highlighting all his spelling mistakes - all of them would have been picked up if he'd had the brains to use a spellchecker!

In fairness, I didn't like the way the interviewer insisted Lee do his pterodactyl impression, then told him off for doing it. That was nasty and unfair.

I think they were right to get rid of Lucinda, but wasn't Alex a snake? Fancy blurting out to the whole boardroom that Lucinda didn't want the job! He was annoying in his interviews too - he mentioned he was 24 within about 10 seconds of each starting, then moaned later that "they kept bringing up my age"! I think you'll find that it was you Alex who kept bringing that up. :lol:

Helene annoyed me by relying on a sob story. So her parents were alcoholics and she had to leave school and get a job? Big deal - many people have difficult lives. I thought it was irrelevant to the current situation. Apart from that, she didn't really register.

I quite like Claire, who did very well as she has "the gift of the gab". She must be the only person in the country who says "Interviews? Brilliant, I love them!" :lol: She can go and do mine for me next week.

Anyway, I don't think Claire will win as Sralan doesn't like her (or possibly women in general). I think it will be Lee or Alex who will win, probably Alex as he is young(!) so can be trained how Sralan wants.

I like Claire too. I think it was the right decision to let go of Lucinda. Knew four people were going to be in the final... but the team who loses the next task will be fired. So if Alex and Helene lose it will be between Claire and Lee - and if Claire and Lee lose the choice will be between Alex and Helene. Hmmmmm.

I'm a bit annoyed about the teams, because I think Lee is really going to muck up the presentation, and if he does, Claire will get fired because of his uselessness. Claire is really good at presentations.

I wish they were all working individually, so it would probably have been better if they'd left it at having just two people in the final. Then they would win or lose on their own merits, not on how good their partner is. I know you could argue it's been like that all the way through with the teams, but when it's the all-important final I don't think it's fair.

Was it just me or was Lucinda really scary in those interviews - all breathy and simpering. Really freaky.

Liked Claire's interviews, thought the "you're fired" had the funniest guest ever (don't know who he was but he was fab on the subject of Alex being 24 and made some very funny and astute comments on them all). I also thought it was mean asking Lee to do the impression, but what kind of a nonce puts something like that on a CV? This may be a show but the heart of it is a job - would he have done that in a non-televised interview? Think not.

Helene is a bit of an odd one. I'm not sure what she's done in any of the tasks if I'm honest. Other than having a go at Lucinda and Sara she seems to have stayed in the background and not really shone for me. Would be disappointed if Helene won.

For me, the stronger candidates are Lee (if you could knock off a few of the market-trader rough edges) or Claire (if she could show she is capable of change and growth). Really, REALLY hope their team wins!

Was it just me or was Lucinda really scary in those interviews - all breathy and simpering. Really freaky.

Yes, it reminded me of Thatcher when she was trying to do her softly-spoken bit (usually just before she became a shrieking harridan). Very scary. Also, every other word was "absolutely" - all she said was "absolutely" for yes, and "absolutely not" for no. Arrgh! :D

I will make my prediction now that Alex will win. Not because he's any good, but because he's young enough for Sralan to mould in his likeness. He's only 24, you know! Did you all know that? Because he's never mentioned it! :roll:

I would like Claire to win. Go Claire!