The Apprentice

LucyD

Doesn't that mean there should be an apostrophe after the s? If the day belongs to all singles???????:D That is how I was taught anyway.

Supergran, that was my reasoning. I'm confused... I used to think I was good with apostrophes. How will I cope now? Will I start using greengrocers' apostrophe's every time a word end's in 's? :smile2:

Two people going tonight? Ooh! But on past showings it'll be the ones who don't deserve to go that Sralan fires.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad they went.

Jenny - was a snake who turned every word said in the boardroom to her advantage and blaming others for her own mistakes.

Jen - hmmm still not sure about her but she did no preparation at all, didn't pay attention to the details and that was her down fall.

To go next ~

Claire has so far tried to undermine every Project manager she has worked for not nice to watch, dont think she will last much longer.

Michael is a arrogant, ignorant, idiot IMO - good Jewish boy? ridiculous!

Being a Scottish lass I didnt appreciate Margaret's comments about Edinburgh University, I have 2 cousins and various friends who have just completed Degrees there. What factual evidence did she have to found her views?

I think Helene is a strong contender but they show very little of her - whats the reason? perhaps we will see more of her now J&J have gone.

Prediction for final 3 is still ~ Lee, Alex and Helene.

Edited by Esiotrot

Even more exciting at the end was my son eating Maltesers suddenly started choking and I had to whack him v hard on the back to dislodge it :011: - so I missed a vital bit :D

:) Oh dear. Hope he was OK.

Last night's episode was the first of this series I'd seen. The beta team's attempt to get kosher chicken was unbelievable :smile2:

I am not surprised he fired two people.

I think the two that went were right to be fired, but I also disliked Claire, the way she kept butting in to the negotiations etc. I'm with Esiotrot, I think she'll go soon. (Although she did seem to be playing a cleverer game in the board room by not saying as much as the others. The others seemed to hang themselves on their own rope by saying too much and blaming everybody else)

I actually agreed with Sralan's decision this week and think he fired the right people. They were both evil, bullying bitches, and deserved to be fired anyway for trying to bribe the shop assistants to sabotage the other team. :smile2: I do want Lee to go soon though, as he is also an evil bully and completely over the top with his swearing, whooping and stupid noises. He should get back to Year 3 where he belongs. <end of rant>

Last night's task was really funny. They paid no attention to detail whatsoever and the "kosher" thing was hilarious. Sralan taking Michael to task over being "a good Jewish boy" was hilarious! :D

Jenny - was a snake who turned every word said in the boardroom to her advantage and blaming others for her own mistakes.

</snip>

Being a Scottish lass I didnt appreciate Margaret's comments about Edinburgh University, I have 2 cousins and various friends who have just completed Degrees there. What factual evidence did she have to found her views?

I agree about Jenny. Suralan certainly had the measure of her!

Someone on another forum I frequent was not very happy about Margaret's comments either as she attends Edinburgh. She's studying theology so she knew what a Kosher chicken should be!

I think you're probably right about the final three. I quite like Raef (having hated him in the first show) but he hasn't done a lot recently.

I quite like Raef (having hated him in the first show) but he hasn't done a lot recently.

I watched the repeat this evening and thought this week's was gringe-inducingly awful. Just horrendous. Whay would you have decided to jump straight in without doing any preparation whatsoever? Ludicrous. Both thoroughly deserved to be fired.

I too disliked Raef at first, especially when there was the snobbery issue going on (We're cultured and you are illiterate yobs). He has grown on me though, I must admit.

I'm not sure about the gobby buyer (Claire?). She clearly knows more than she ever lets on in the tasks, and seems to enjoy watching the project managers flounder without stepping in to help - last week's disastrous greeting card pitch, this week not advising them to check the list. As a buyer, you learn very quickly to check your specs thoroughly and continually refer back to them. It is inconceivable to me that she didn't see what was going to happen. I find it really sneaky that she would keep her mouth shut about something like that. To my mind, if you all pull together as a team then you win the task and none of you gets fired.

It's not rocket science...:D

Raef grew on me as well - I've been watching The Apprentice on iPlayer due to my lack of a television - even though I thoroughly disliked him at first.

I've always wondered when Sir Alan sends off the winning team saying he's thrown a banquet or yacht spa chocolate making session for them, is it really him paying for it? Or is it the BBC? If it is the BBC I'd like them to acknowledge that it is in fact our taxpayers who put on these delightful things for them and not Sir Alan. Does anybody have the answers?

I do wish he'd fire a few more people simultaneously, makes the programme get a wiggle on :smile2:.

I don't know, but I'd say 'Suralan' probably pays for it himself. It would be interesting to find out though.

I watched him being interviewed on Jonathan Ross this morning (on iPlayer). It was good and he came across as a nice bloke. It's a shame Johnny Vegas was on too though as he was being a selfish limelight-hogging idiot who kept interrupting. :smile2:

I think Michael should go tonight. After last weeks "I'm a good Jewish boy" debacle and now him lying about wanting the expensive dresses... He was so horribly pushy with the cakes too.

ETA: Wow - Michael nearly went too - he was very lucky! I'm glad Sara went as Michael didn't.

Edited by Janet

I read a vile report in the Guardian a couple of weeks back about the behaviour of Johnny Vegas in his recent live comedy show. The author was shocked and disgusted as were others in the audience. I don't think I will be watching him ever again.

Well do tell!!!!:smile2:

Sara deserved to go but I think Michael should have got the boot as well, why did Sir Alan let the slimy git off the hook again?

Watching Sara and Michaels attempts to sell those cakes were cringe worth - they were so pushy!

In my opinion the criticism of Helene was a bit unfair -

Michael suggested that they split the supplier visits geographically (remember him saying 'North London is near Central London etc...) rather than by product type.

Helene's product choices ~

The choice of dresses was in fact the better choice as they sold more and had a wider appeal because they were able to sell as bridesmaid/evening wear as well. She thought about the type of people visiting the NEC and the amount they were likely to spend. Did anyone else notice the dresses Helene's team had to sell on the day didn't look as nice as the ones they saw when visiting the supplier?

They lost out on the rhinestone accessories due to the choice of dress designer which meant they were lumbered with those expensive cakes, which you could tell wouldn't sell at the NEC. I might be wrong but there didn't appear to be another choice in the accessories?

Lee did a great job selling the 'Fongs' and his underestimation of the ladies sizes was genius!

My opinions of both Claire and Lucinda are changing slightly - they both did well in this task.

EDIT ~ I saw JR on Friday night - Sir Alan came across really well and I agree Jonny Vegas is an attention seeking idiot with absolutely no manners!

Edited by Esiotrot

Re this week's firing - I wouldn't have minded any of the three going (or even all of them!). Sara was pretty poor in the task, but I always felt sorry for her because she was bullied. I think I would have slightly preferred Michael to go, as he's a lying, weasly scumbag in my opinion. How pathetic was he last night? "I don't want to beg, Sir Alan, but..." Cue begging! :lol: And Sralan fell for it. :roll:

I hated Raef the first week, but warmed to him when he stood up for Sara when Lee and Alex were being vile to her a couple of weeks ago. However, I think he was lucky last night to be on the winning team, because I can't think of one useful thing he did - all he did was dress up as a giant bear and frighten the kiddies! :smile2: I think if he'd been on the losing team he might have gone.

Sralan is making some strange decisions. Raef was not brilliant, and I agree that he has been lucky to be on the winning team a lot without really doing anything, but I don't think he should have gone.

However, Michael is useless and a liar. He should have gone last week and he certainly should have gone tonight. Is he blackmailing Sralan or something?!

Incidentally, I don't agree on the advert with the kids on the bench not working because there wasn't a close-up on the product until the end. I can think of three very famous adverts off the top of my head that are the same: the drumming gorilla for Dairy Milk (though I do hate this ad!), the one with the horses in the sea for Guinness, and the new one with Brains dancing for Drench(?) water. The Guinness one has even won awards! So I don't agree with this argument. I thought this ad was much more professional and effective.

Incidentally, I don't agree on the advert with the kids on the bench not working because there wasn't a close-up on the product until the end. I can think of three very famous adverts off the top of my head that are the same: the drumming gorilla for Dairy Milk (though I do hate this ad!), the one with the horses in the sea for Guinness, and the new one with Brains dancing for Drench(?) water. The Guinness one has even won awards! So I don't agree with this argument. I thought this ad was much more professional and effective.

Thing is though, two of those are brands you are already very familiar with.

As to the third; you can't remember the name :welcome2:

However, boo hiss Raef has gone.

All through the show I was thinking 'Yay, Alex the Weasel Boy will go tonight' then when they had won it changed to 'Oh well, at least we finally get rid of super-sleazeball Michael'. in fact, any of them off that team would have been ok but Raef :D

I still think Lee will win

I think both Michael and Raef should have went - WHY is Michael still there?

Mia, I agree to a certain extent about the advert, but the difference between the 3 ads you mention and Raef/Michaels ad is that they are unique, big budget, captivating ads that were made to encourage discussion. All 3 ads are for established big brand names, which to be honest will sell their products regardless, not for a new brand name trying to introduce a new product.

Although the Atishu ad was awful they did get the point across - especially the anti-bacterial element which Raef's team didnt mention at all.