The Apprentice

LucyD

After saying Laura should go before, I think its a shame she went on a week when other people around her performed worse, and actually some of the things she said made a lot of sense. When she criticized she was right (suggesting Knightsbridge was a bad place to look for the truffle). I think Stella and Liz both did worse but had a much better track record. I was surprised at Liz sniping at Stella about the boardroom back in the house. It was a little bitchy. She should expect the boardroom to get heated and not bitch about it afterwords. Still, the right person went.

Haha I actually have a soft spot for Stuart. Yes he can be an idiot but he has some redeeming qualities and is very entertaining.

I felt that was a bit petty. With that type of contest you expect to have to fight for your place, there is no need to bring it up after the fact.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How wonderful to see Stuart Baggs The Brand squirm last night. I was jumping and cheering when he got his marching orders. what a little sh*t :lol: and how nice to see Lord Sugar actually admit he was taken in my his blagging. How annoyed was he getting :huh:

I thought Lord Sugar was very gracious to Jo. She grew on me during the series and as was commented, she had taken on board the negative comments about her from early on in the series and she grew into a women with lots of common sense. I hope she makes it with her cleaning business.

Now bring on the Final. I didn't realise it is on Sunday evening - will have to sort my evening out to view it.

Edited by SueK

I was cheering too Sue, my parents were laughing with me. I do feel a bit sorry for Joanna, she completely fell apart in the interviews, but everyone seemed to like her, it seemed like she was fired because someone had to be as much as anything else.

I'm glad Stella is through, she's my favourite.

• 4 months later...

The new series starts next Wednesday, and I can't wait. :boogie: The candidates are up on the BBC page, and it looks to be your usual lot of over-confident, arrogant, cringe-worthy variety of pond-scum. I've just watched all their videos, and there's only one who looks to be half-decent (personality wise). :boogie:

• 2 weeks later...

Three of the men gone so far. I always think the majority of candidates are awful, with maybe two or three decent ones. I like Jim (maybe it's the Irish accent), but it's too early to tell who else stands out.

• 1 month later...

Tom winning is a suprise. He was in the boardroom on countless occasions througout the series and in the only time he was project manager, his team still lost. The ideas were rubbish as well, some stupid curved nail file which only got compliments because he managed to deliver it to a Walmart buyer. The flogging office chairs was funny when he missed out the "chair" bit in his business plan. LS went for him because he was an inventor and seller like him. Jim was just all charm and cliches, nothing else.

Susan really should have won. She has by far the best business and makes £1,000 a weekend selling her own cosmetics at Greenwich market and has managed to convince every Boots store in the country to give her business a million-pound profit by the end of the first year. It was a shame that she did not understand marketing and even got into the trap of acknowledging this when LS asked her in the boardroom. Her naivety and immaturity cost her as well, she was hard to like.

Helen was unlucky also as she was only in the losing team once and was by far the most consistent candidate. It is a shame that her boring dental appointments business idea let her down and lack of personality. This has been an interesting Apprentice series but it lacked the character of previous series which included The Brand and Katie Hopkins.

I agree - I thought Helen's idea was embarrassingly bad. Mind you, none of the other ideas were that good or original. Still, I'm glad Tom won - any one of the finalists aside from Jim, would have been a good choice.

Just want to type up a couple of thoughts on this years Apprentice, which I enjoyed immensely.

First of all, out of the finalists, and taking everything into consideration across the series and in the business plans, I'm glad Tom won in the end. I think, in essence, it shows that you need a mix of personality and of creativity to succeed. Helen was too work-orientated and had no personality whatsoever, but more on her later. Susie was hard to like, and Jim tried to be nice to everyone but he over-shot it; people could see how manipulative he was really.

As for the business plans, I was thoroughly disappointed. I mean, Jim shot straight for a compliment-filled plan aimed at Lord Sugar; which would have been clever, had it have been more subtle and less a full-blown attempt which overshot drastically. All things considered, Jim did well in the competition with a blend of nicety and selling prowess, but in the end his business plan let him down. Susie, on the other hand, had a good business plan and I thought she was in with a real shot until she showed her naivety and youthfulness with the figures; that cost her. Helen, well, what a rubbish idea; if she would have gone in with the bakery idea she would have walked it; consistently the best throughout the competition, she messed up at the end. On the balance of things, Tom's was the best: he had proved he could work and get his products into stores, all he needs is the direction that LS can and will now provide.

Overall I enjoyed this years competition; even though the candidates were mostly a complete let down (I only genuinely liked the four that made it to the final), I still found the show thoroughly entertaining and it made for great watching; roll on next years, then.

Edited by Ben

• 10 months later...

Omg, I'm glad you posted this!! I didn't think the final was until next Wednesday!!

I've been watching it all season, and I've been a bit disappointed. I don't think any of them are anything special this time around. The only one I actually liked was Gabby and she left a couple of weeks ago. I think probably Ricky or Nick will win, but I don't think either of them deserve it. Love the interview episodes - it's my favourite of every season!

• 11 months later...

Anyone watching this current series? What a group of bitchy candidates! :hide:

I had to laugh at the last episode. Fancy trying to sell beer to a pub and not even bringing a sample with you, and telling the publican he can 'sniff the empty bottle' to decide if he wants to buy some. :doh:  So cringeworthy!

Where did they find the current batch of contestants? The all look like TOWIE rejects!

For the last 9 years The Apprentice is literally the only programme I would watch the whole year! Religiously every week for the whole 12 weeks. This year is no exception. I do think the standard of contestants has gone down though in recent years. The first two that got sacked this year should not even have got through the selection process to be in it they were so clueless.      

If this is a fair representation of the future of business leadership in this country, then no wonder we're in such a dire state!