Airframe by Michael Crichton- shall I carry on?

The Library Nook

I am currently part way through this books and just wanted peoples opinion about whether to continue. I have read Crichton's books before and don't mind the technical detail but this book I am just getting a bit *whispers* bored of it. I never usually give up on a book and so feel really bad which is why I am posting! Can anyone tell me whether it is worth it in the end?

I definitely need to start being more selective - we live in a 3 bedroom bungalow just now - the only room that has less than 1000 books in it is the bathroom!

My friend has started her '50 page rule' - if it's still bad after 50 pages give it up. I guess I should try that too ;)

It's a bit contorted and, as with most of his books, irritating if you know anything about the subject matter because he tends to get the technical details just slightly wrong. Witness "The Andromeda Strain" where, at the beginning of chapter 4, he uses a binary code and gets it back to front. I'd give up! His new one, "Next" is rather better.

Timeline was good...except they kept cutting peoples heads off.

• 1 year later...