We are what we pretend to be

Slim Jenkins

Big Welcome Slim :D

I remember we didn't get a fridge til 1972 and then I'd already left home so didn't reap the benefits! Up until then we had a larder ;)

Gosh PP, my parents didn't have a TV until after I left home (even then it was pretty unusual) but we always had a fridge.

We had a television when I was about ten, and then none for quite a while as they thought it was bad. We got one again when I was in my teens, but we children were not really allowed to watch it, except for children's programes! We also didn't get a washing machine until quite late. We had a mangle I remeber, which was fascinating, then a spinner dryer, and eventually a twin tub.

Those were not the days!

When I was a kid, I had a ten mile walk to school. Uphill. Both ways. Then when I got home, the police used to break our door down, set fire to my gran, make us lick the toilet bowl clean with our teeth and then tie us to a chair while they played Westlife's Greatest Hits on a loop.

When I was a kid, I had a ten mile walk to school. Uphill. Both ways. Then when I got home, the police used to break our door down, set fire to my gran, make us lick the toilet bowl clean with our teeth and then tie us to a chair while they played Westlife's Greatest Hits on a loop.

Sounds like you need a psychologist prospero. Therapy might help.

Thanks to all who've bothered to welcome me.

It's turned into a nostalgia thread! :lol:

'Our memories are card indexes consulted, and then put

back in disorder by authorities whom we do not control'.

- Cyril Connolly

"God gave us memories, that we might have roses in December." -J. M. Barrie

Better late than never, eh? Welcome to the forum! You've stirred quite a dicussion with just your introductory post, I can't wait to see what you get up to... *grin*