Jodi Picoult

I keep noticing this author pop up in the threads, so I thought I'd start her her own thread. :D

I've read My Sister's Keeper.. I thought it raised some interesting issues, and I for one 'liked' the ending. I have, however, seen some bad reviews, and most people seem to not like the ending.

I have The Pact on my shelf to read, but I've lost my enthusiasm for it. I see a couple of people are reading it.. how are you finding it?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have The Pact on my shelf to read, but I've lost my enthusiasm for it. I see a couple of people are reading it.. how are you finding it?

I'm reading it just now and just over half way through. I'm actually finding it a little bit of a plod, but not necessarily in a bad way. It's not all that easy a read, especially if you have teenage children. Quite thought provoking in its subject matter. I could have done with a bit lighter reading over the NY!

I was a little perturbed by the ending - but I think that there was no choice! Afterall what else what would have Anna have done?

I enjoyed the Pact and I must admit it is a scary thought what could happen as the kids race towards their teenage years - as a parent it makes you think!!

I am going to start Perfect Match tonight and I'm looking forward to it. Vanishing Acts was quite good, although not one of Jodi's strongest books

Has anyone read Plain Truth? I really liked that one and learnt alot about another culture

Maureen

You will not go wrong with this author - I have read 4 of hers and I start the 5th tonight.

My Sisters Keeper will leave you gripped to your seat - it is a great book, leaving you with many emotions. It has been walking off the shelves over her - everytime I have gone into a bookshop for the last 6 months, I have seen people queuing to buy it

Ok..have read the reviews on Amazon. I think I would like this book. I read about this subject, which is highly controvesial, in a couple of non-fiction books. Can see why it is being so popular - highly controvesial subject, with no clear cut 100 % right or wrong issues.

I would call it a modern day novel -it focuses on modern moral choices and how far would you go to save your child's life.

That is very tough. Obviously if someone puts the question to a parent, the first thing that pops into their head is - I would do anything. BUT...would you commit murder? Would you kill someone for their organs? Where would you draw the line?

I visited her website just now, didn't know that she had so many books out.

Vanishing Act is on its way to my library and I'm going to read it to see what I think of her writing, but I have to say that all the other books look great, they're the type of books that really get you thinking about what you would do in similar situations I think. :wink:

I've read Vanishing Acts and I did enjoy it. It's well executed and you do understand the reasons leading up to the crime, once into it I did not stop 'til the end.

I don't think it's one of her strongest books though. But Jodi is the mistress of going into topics where most others do not go. exploring events behind a situation / family and cleverly plays on these to make the reader think about what they would do.

• 2 weeks later...