Jodi Picoult

I've tried to get into Second Glance, but after the first viewpoint change, I couldnt get into it anymore and put it down half way threw. I was sad because from the first characters viewpoint, I was so into it, but once she switched, I just lost interest. -- Has anyone finished this book? What are your thoughts?

I read it not that long ago. This was a slightly different read to the normal Jodi Picoult in the sense that there wasn't the usual court case type drama. I enjoyed it, though like others found getting used to the characaters a little time consuming to actually get into the story, but once there, was enjoyable, and a bit spooky. That made it thought provoking though, being very open minded about spooky goings on :blush:

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read The Pact, My Sisters Keeper, and I just finished House Rules.

I've tried to get into Second Glance, but after the first viewpoint change, I couldnt get into it anymore and put it down half way threw. I was sad because from the first characters viewpoint, I was so into it, but once she switched, I just lost interest. -- Has anyone finished this book? What are your thoughts?

I really enjoyed Second Glance. I actually took it on holiday one year as a beach read.

I've read most of her books & some I absolutely loved (My Sister's Keeper, Keeping Faith, Plain Truth, Change of Heart) while others I have absolutely HATED! (The Tenth Circle, Songs of the Humpback Whale, Picture Perfect). I find she can be real hit & miss, a couple really good ones followed by a right stinker, but that's just my opinion.

The books of hers ive read ive thoroughly enjoyed. My sisters keeper is a personal favorite but i feel there all thought provoking. I haven't seen the film, worried its going to be rubbish in comparison!

It's got a different ending apparently.:D

Personally, my favourite of hers that I've read so far is 19 Minutes. I do like a lot of hers though - especially The Pact, Salem Falls and Vanishing Acts. I couldn't get into The Tenth Circle, and I tried three times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have to admit that I do like Jodi Picoult's books although I do have to be in the mood to read them. I've only read a few, namely Nineteen Minutes, My Sister's Keeper, The Pact, Perfect Match and The Tenth Circle. My favourites being Nineteen Minutes and The Pact. I also have quite a few of her others waiting to be read too and as it's been a little while since I last read one of hers I'll probably end up reading one sooner rather than later.

I've read most of Jodi Picoult's books and have just finished A Change of Heart for my book club.

I'm in two minds about her books and writing style. Sometimes they can take me some effort to get into them and I can get bored of the characters. Also I know she likes her twists at the end so I look for them from the stats. But... once I'm into them I find it hard to put them down.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just finished reading Handle with Care. It is a brilliant book! Really glad to be reading some more of Picoult again :D . I'm still loving the twists. And the ending! Just heartbreaking :( .

(I would say more but with the change of the forum I don't know how to put the spoilers in :blush: )

I've just finished reading Handle with Care. It is a brilliant book! Really glad to be reading some more of Picoult again :D . I'm still loving the twists. And the ending! Just heartbreaking :( .

(I would say more but with the change of the forum I don't know how to put the spoilers in :blush: )

Glad you enjoyed it, I really need to find the time to get to this one :D

This is one of my favourites :)

You can put spoilers in either by putting [spoiler*]

(without the *) around the spoiler or by clicking the pulldown menu other styles and selecting spoiler

This thread makes me want to read more of Jodi Picoult. I have only read a couple of her books, but I enjoyed them both, even though I didn't think they were perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

I have read a lot of Jodi Picoult, and always enjoy her books very much.

I have just finished Picture Perfect and, although I did enjoy it, half way through I realised I had forgotten it was by Jodi Picoult and was thinking of it as a book by Danielle Steele. Danielle Steele is one of my guilty pleasures when I need an easy to read, unchallenging book, so I didn't mind as much as I could have, but as a Jodi Picoult book it was disappointing.

I see it was first published in 1995, and wish I had noticed that before I bought it, as authors re-releasing their earlier and less accomplished work once they have become popular and well-established is one of my pet hates.

I am more than halfway through House Rules......I will say it's better than a lot of her others (after My Sister's Keeper they seemed to go downhill a bit) but it is starting to lag a bit....hoping it picks up again quick!

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone read her Wonder Woman comic? I saw a girl reading it today in the library and I had to do a double take when I saw Jodi's name on the cover. I just can't picture her writing comics.

I'm intrigued, but I don't even know where to look for it!

• 1 month later...