Jodi Picoult

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here Louise, I leave a gap inbetween as they can be quite emotional reads.

So far I have read:

Keeping Faith 10/10

My Sister's Keeper 8/10

Vanishing Acts 7/10

Perfect Match 8/10

The Tenth Circle 7/10

And I have The Pact, Salem Falls and Plain Truths on my shelf, also ordered Second Glance from my library

i have just read songs of the humpback whale - i got it from the library, and i was so dissapointed :| i was really looking forward to reading it, it's the same story from 5 view points, and it was jumping about all over the place, i couldnt keep up and then it just ended :D

glad it wasnt the first one i ever read as i dont think i would have picked another of her books to read.

has anyone else read this book would be interestd to know what you thought of it

• 2 weeks later...

I've got Salem Falls waiting to be read. I've read My Sister's Keeper & very much enjoyed it - it was the Posh Club book a couple of months back & the majority of the group liked it.

Guest jake

I've just read The Pact, it was passed on to me by a friend and I thought I'd give it a go seeing as she is getting good reviews. I found it a bit of a drag to get through. It was okay and the story could have actually happened to someone in the past for all we know, but it wasn't my cup of tea at all.

I've skim read some of this, but got too excited and wanted to add my thoughts!

I'm a huge Picoult fan - I've read My Sister's Keper (first, and still one of the best in my opinion), The Pact, Plain Truth, Salem Falls and vanishing Acts. I have copies of Keeping Faith and Perfect Match on the shelf, as well as Tenth Circle which a friend bought me signed as a consolation when I couldn't go to a talk Jodi was giving locally.

Certainly up with my top 5 authors!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I didn't skim, I read the whole thread.

I read My Sister's Keeper last year to see what all the fuss was about, and thought the story, and the ending, great. I then read The Pact, which I thought was even better (one of my favourite reads from last year, and it was last year I first read Lolita). I think then I either outgrew her as a writer, or picked a couple of dull choices (Vanishing Acts and another, can't remember, maybe Keeping Faith) because they were awful and I couldn't get through them. Have just bought Tenth Circle, but think if I ever do read it, it won't be for a while yet.

:D Oh dear... I've picked it up a couple of times, but not opened it yet - there are just so many other books I want to read first!

Oh I got quite into it, my first and favourite was Plain Truth and have also read My Sisters Keeper.

Plan to wait a bit before reading any more as they are quite the same!

I'm sure I'll get to it shortly - it's been sitting there, gazing at me for some time (it's the girl on the front cover - I get the feeling she's watching me - LOL!).

I first read MSK to see what this great plot twist was that Richard and Judy kept antagonising me with :D and I absolutley loved it. I shed a tear (or a bucket load) at the end and really felt for each of the characters in their own individual ways.

Ever since I've been on a search to read more of her books but they haven't quite lived up to that first one. The Pact was a good read, Salem Falls was just OK IMO, I didn't like Plain Truth as I predicted the ending far too soon and spoilt it for myself and Perfect Match came the closest to MSK in terms of a great story and sympathy with the characters.

I have just managed to get hold of The Tenth Circle and Vanishing Acts which I hope to be reading soon.

Still think she's a great author and I think her choice of subject matter has a lot to do with it. It really makes you think.

MSK was certainly rather a hard-hitting subject, but I thikn Piccoult handled it really well & the tone was never too heavy. If her other books are of a similar style, I think I'll enjoy them, but I wonder if I'll feel they're very similar, or perhaps too similar?

I first read MSK to see what this great plot twist was that Richard and Judy kept antagonising me with :D and I absolutley loved it. I shed a tear (or a bucket load) at the end and really felt for each of the characters in their own individual ways.

Ever since I've been on a search to read more of her books but they haven't quite lived up to that first one. The Pact was a good read, Salem Falls was just OK IMO, I didn't like Plain Truth as I predicted the ending far too soon and spoilt it for myself and Perfect Match came the closest to MSK in terms of a great story and sympathy with the characters.

I have just managed to get hold of The Tenth Circle and Vanishing Acts which I hope to be reading soon.

Still think she's a great author and I think her choice of subject matter has a lot to do with it. It really makes you think.

You will love The Tenth Circle and Vanishing Acts....I just finished Tenth Circle about 2 weeks ago and it was great!

I have just bought, Vanishing Acts, Perfect Match, Tenth Circle, and have got Plain Truth and Salem Falls on my shelf.

Have read My Sisters Keeper and The Pact and loved them. Im gutted now as louiseog has mentioned that there quite the same. Maybe ill have a bit of a break before reading another. I like her books I think cause they were so different from all the chick lit books ive been reading. May sound daft be I feel I learn things from her books.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished Plain Truth, I enjoyed it but it wasnt as good as I thought it would be. I guessed the ending wrong though, so that made it a bit more shocking. I never try to guess endings of a book, but this one had me doing so. Dont know if thats a good thing or not. :(