Jodi Picoult

This is another book that has become an unofficilal RC book i guess.

It's one of theones I'm putting forward for the Posh Club's next book. Looking forward to getting to it very soon...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jodi Picoult - Keeping Faith

Courtesy of Amazon:-

Synopsis

Hot on the heels of her Richard & Judy smash-hit "My Sister's Keeper", Jodi Picoult's latest drama tells the compelling story of an ordinary little girl with an extraordinary gift, who finds herself at the centre of a huge media controversy. For the second time in her marriage, Mariah White catches her husband with another woman, and Faith, their seven-year-old daughter, witnesses every painful minute. In the aftermath of a sudden divorce, Mariah struggles with depression and Faith begins to confide in an imaginary friend. At first, Mariah dismisses these exchanges as a child's imagination. But when Faith starts reciting passages from the Bible, develops stigmata, and begins to perform miraculous healings, Mariah wonders if her daughter - a girl with no religious background - might indeed be seeing God. As word spreads and controversy heightens, Mariah and Faith are besieged by believers and disbelievers alike, caught in a media circus that threatens what little stability they have left. What are you willing to believe? Is Faith a prophet or a troubled little girl? Is Mariah a good mother facing an impossible crisis - or a charlatan using her daughter to reclaim the attention her unfaithful husband withheld?

I quite enjoyed this book, I felt that it was one of Jodi's lighter books making it pleasant to read and easy to follow late into the night

9/10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

jodi picoult is one of my fave authors, i have read so far

My sisters keeper

vanishing acts

salem falls

the pact

plain truth

perfect match

tenth circle is out now but i have till wait till next pay day to buy it :D

once i start one of her books i find it very difficult to put it down :D housework, hubby and kids *tend* to get ignored ( i am a mean mummy and a bad wife :wink: )

roll on pay day :roll:

It took me longer to get hooked on The Tenth Circle then the rest of her books, but I am enjoying it to the point where I have hidden myself away in my bedroom to read it, leaving the hubby to deal with the kids ~ well it is the day of rest afterall :wink: