Jodi Picoult

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished 'Harvesting the Heart' and it was a really good read. A bit different to her usual writing, but I believe it was one of her earlier ones before she got into the way she writes now.

• 2 months later...

I read My sisters keeper last year, I thought it was a fantastic read which also raised some interesting issues. I went on to buy 2 more of her books after finishing My sisters keeper, I started to read the first one (mercy) but didn't manage to get past the first few chapters before putting it away and re-reading The Twilight saga AGAIN(much to my husbands dismay).I was sad about the fact that I bored me so much. :(

I read My sisters keeper last year, I thought it was a fantastic read which also raised some interesting issues. I went on to buy 2 more of her books after finishing My sisters keeper, I started to read the first one (mercy) but didn't manage to get past the first few chapters before putting it away and re-reading The Twilight saga AGAIN(much to my husbands dismay).I was sad about the fact that I bored me so much. :(

Mercy is not the best. You should try Handle with Care, The Pact, 19 Minutes, or Change of Heart (which is a fairly similar idea to My Sister's Keeper). More recently I have found her a bit hit and miss.

I read my sister's keeper last year and really enjoyed it, personally I liked the ending too.

I've actually read quite a few of her books, my friend got me into them a few years back the only one I didn't really enjoy reading was "Songs Of The Humpback Whale".

I haven't read Change Of Heart yet but its on my list of books to read this year :D

• 7 months later...

I have chosen my next book of the shelf.

Perfect Match.....anyone read this one?

I read this at the begining of this year or end of last year and its a really good book as long as you can handle the subject matter.

I did have me reading parts over and over to make sure I had read it properly!

I read this at the begining of this year or end of last year and its a really good book as long as you can handle the subject matter.

Same here but still an engrossing read.

Same here but still an engrossing read.

Thanks for the heads up peeps. Jodi's books can have that effect, her subject matter can be a bit sensitive at times, but she writes them so well.

Edited by Inver

Or that :readingtwo:

What a great read. I love Jodi Picoult's writing, she always keeps you guessing to the end, just when you think you have it sussed, whoosh she puts in another twist. Great...another Picoult, ticked off my list. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I love Jodi Picoult. She's definitely one of those writers that you just can't put down when you start, I love that she handles really unique and delicate subject matter and really takes you on a 'journey' if you know what I mean. I just finished reading Salem Falls the other night and really enjoyed it, love how she made me gasp on shock on the very last line in the book and then made me want to immediately re-read it to see if I could pick up on the clues I missed first time round. It's things like that is why I love Picoult.

I haven't read any of Jodi's books yet but I have a couple on my wish list of hers.

Has anyone read Handle with Care? I love the sound of this & the pact :wink:

I really liked The Pact, one of my faves from her. Handle With Care was good too, but......