Don't judge me by my title :D

pavement cracks

Yeah, I'm a hypocrite because I judge books by their covers :hissyfit: Haha, I jest. Anywhoo, I'm really chuffed that I've stumbled on this place; there aren't enough forums that cater for general book lovers instead of on a certain fandom/author/series! I want to say that I read lots, though saying that to a forum of book lovers might not mean all that much, hahaha. I do always take a book when I leave the house, just in case the occassion arises, haha. I'm a regular Rory Gilmore, and only Gilmore Girl fans will get that reference ;]

My favourite book, at least at this moment, is Atonement by Ian McEwan. It seems to get a lot of flack because of the ending, but I happen to think it was a perfect finish. I'm all for my bittersweet, angst-riddled endings! I also have way too many book crushes than can be considered healthy, but hopefully I'm preaching to the converted? Other than that my bookcase is filled with mainly fantasy, historical and romance novels; I am trying to branch out into different genres though, so I'll be scowering this place for some good recommendations! I'm the type of person who has way too many books that she has 'yet to read' because I'm a compulsive book buyer. I do read them (and generally finish them because I have an OCD when it comes to getting to the end) but I usually add two books to the pile by the time I've finished one :)

I'm currently reading The Other Boleyn Girl, and re-reading Twilight (and I'm not even going to call it a guilty pleasure because I'M PROUD xP). Next on my list of must reads are: Helen of Troy by Margaret George, The Boleyn Inheritance and The Virgin's Lover by Philippa Gregory, Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. OHHH, and finish the Time Traveler's Wife and On Chesil Beach! Hah, I like my historical novels.

For introduction I've done this pretty backwards because now I'll insert some personal stats, hah. I'm Natalie, I'm eighteen and currently residing in jolly ol' England :] I'm in university studying English and History, both of which I love with a passion (I say this because I was originally down for a Biomedical degree and ended up changing, pretty spur of the moment, much against most people's wishes). Anywhoo, I'm really looking forward to exploring the people, swapping recs and meeting new people :]

:) to the forum, Natalie. I hope you'l enjoy discussing all those books with us. I know quite a few books on that list you've given have been read by others on the forum too, so there'll be plenty of folks to chat to about them. :hissyfit:

Welcome PC! I'm a huge fan of Gilmore Girls. I've just finished re-watching the first season in anticipation of the 7th season finally being released on DVD in a few weeks. Only I've left it to late so I might just have to skip ahead to S5 or 6. I see a lot of me in Rory as well. :)