Cecelia Ahern Books

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just finished reading PS, I Love You and for me it was like eating maltesers, as in I find them very morish and have to finish the lot off as quickly as possible, but then feel regret afterwards and wonder I why I did that! I did find it readable, but I'll not be in a rush to read another of hers.

• 1 year later...

Dear Cecelia Ahern,

After reading your latest offering, the book of tomorrow, could I please urge you to put down your pen and pack up your laptop!

I was a big fan until The Gift and I did reluctantly add your latest offering to my christmas list. I feel that you have some good ideas but feel it is a waste of my sister's hard earned cash when she considers buying me another one of your books for christmas!

Big praise for P.S. I love you though!

P.S. Quit while you are ahead!

• 3 months later...

Those are harsh words!

She's far from the best author out there, and her writing is very simple most of the time but they are charming and filled with emotions that makes you both laugh out loud and cry. All the subjects she takes on are such that I find myself thinking about long after I've finished the books. A place where all lost things ends up, imaginary friends...

I guess I would say she writes fairy-tales for grown-up kids (:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I read PS. I love you a couple of years ago and i quite liked it. I read it in italian, obviously. But last week I bought the original version and it was really different. Not the plot, but the style, the words used.. It's far much better in English! Ahern writes in a very simple way, she doesn't want to teach or something, she just wants to entertain .. and make people sob! Nothing wrong with it, in my opinion!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've read and Loved ' PS I love you'. The movie I think is great btw.

I've read 'A Place Called Here' and liked it. I loved the idea of hers about where all of our lost things go. Strange book, but good.

I like her style up to now.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...